An internal Adobe team arrived, through experimentation, at a workflow for maintaining a 10 GB+ CRX content repository. This repository stores documentation and assets for more than 30 Adobe products.
The backup strategy initially adopted proved ineffective:
- Perform a cold backup once a week. Follow these general steps:
- Shut down the CQ authoring server.
- Back up files in the crx-quickstart directory to a utility server using rsync.
- Validate the backed up files by starting CQ and performing automated regression testing.
- Perform a warm backup on alternate days using the CQ online backup utility.