In this article, you'll learn how to configure your Microsoft Outlook Express 6 email client to display the email you receive, so that you can use the environment you are familiar with to view and manage your messages.
Note: You can also use webmail to view email messages, which is configured automatically. To learn more about working with webmail, see Using webmail to access and manage email messages.
And if you haven't yet set up an email account, read Setting up POP and IMAP email accounts. The email account must be configure for POP mail before setting up an email client to send and receive mail.
Before beginning this process, make sure you have the following information handy:
- POP3 or receiving server: mail.my_domain_name.com (replacing my_domain_name.com with the site's domain name)
- SMTP or sending server: Your Internet Service Provider's (ISP) sending (SMTP) server. Contact your Internet Service Provider to get this information.
Alternatively, you can try using mail.my_domain_name.com (replacing my_domain_name.com with the site's domain name) but it may not work because communication to third-party SMTP servers is often blocked by your ISP in order to cut the amount of SPAM being sent through their network.
- Email address: your_account@my_domain_name.com
- Username: your_account@my_domain_name.com
- Password: The password you used when the account was created.
Follow the steps below to set up Microsoft Outlook Express 6: