Welcome to AdobeÂ® CaptivateÂ® 4. This document contains late-breaking product information, updates, and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Adobe Captivate 4 documentation.
- IntelÂ® PentiumÂ® 4, Intel Centrino,Â® Intel Xeon,Â® or Intel Coreâ„¢ Duo (or compatible) processor
- MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 recommended) or Windows VistaÂ® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (certified for 32-bit Windows XP and Windows Vista)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- 1.5GB of available hard-disk space; additional free space required during installation (Adobe Captivate cannot be installed on flash-based storage devices)
- 800x600 screen resolution (1,024x768 recommended)
- DVD-ROM drive
For updates to system requirements, visit
2. You must have administrative privileges or be able to validate as an administrator.
3. Do the following:
- Insert the DVD in your drive, and follow the on-screen instructions. If the installer does not launch automatically, navigate to the Adobe Captivate 4 folder found at the root level on your disk and double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
- If you downloaded the software from the web, open the folder, navigate to the Adobe Captivate 4 folder, double-click Setup.exe, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: In order to install additional components or reinstall your software after your original installation, you will need access to the original installer (CD, DVD or the download from the web). Repair is not an available option.
- In Windows XP, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs. Select the product that you want to uninstall, click Change/Remove, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- In Windows Vista, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Programs and Features. Select the product that you want to uninstall, click Uninstall/Change, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Only applications running as a trial will recognize the new serial number. If any of the applications have already been serialized with a different serial number, it will continue to use that serial number until you remove the older serial number using the Help > Deactivate > Erase my serial number. Then on the next launch of the application, it will recognize the new serial number.
Volume licensing customers cannot purchase from a trial directly, however a volume licensing serial number can be entered in the trial product. Please contact your reseller or authorized Adobe licensing center to place an order for a volume license. To find a reseller in your area, go to http://partners.adobe.com/resellerfinder/na/reseller.jsp.
Note: If you want to install the product on a different computer, you must first deactivate the software on your computer. To deactivate, choose Help > Deactivate.
Free troubleshooting resources include Adobeâs support knowledgebase, Adobe user-to-user forums and more. We are continually making additional tools and information available online in order to provide you with flexible options for resolving issues as fast as possible.
If you are having any issues with installing or uninstalling Adobe Captivate 4, please try rebooting your system prior to contacting Support.