Macromedia has created a hot fix to address the following issues with client variable purging in ColdFusion MX 6.1:
- 49691 - Client variable purges from database loop and re-index, causing performance issues.
- 53910 - Client variable purge for registry runs, even when setting is unchecked.
- 54372 - Connection to database not closed after client variable purge.
- 54464 - Client variable purge for data sources runs, even when setting is unchecked.
- 56991* - Client variable purge for SQL repository not working correctly.
* Issue 56991 added 10/1/04. Hot fix download updated to include fix for this issue.
Note: The hot fix available in this TechNote should only be applied if the ColdFusion MX 6.1 Updater has not been installed. For ColdFusion MX 6.1 (with the Updater), please see TechNote 19590.
ColdFusion MX and MX 6.1 run hourly purge operations on client variables stored in the registry and data sources, even if you clear the "purge" option in the client variable settings in the ColdFusion MX Administrator. As the number of entries in the client store increase, the CPU usage needed to purge the entries increases as well.
A stack trace generated during the high CPU usage period would typically contain the following information: