- What's included in the ColdFusion 9 Update 1?
- Where can I get the ColdFusion 9 update?
- Who should install the ColdFusion 9 update?
- If I buy a new copy of ColdFusion 9 today, will I still need to install the update?
- Can I download a version of ColdFusion 9 that already includes the update?
- Should I disable IIS6 Metabase Compatibility options if I configure IIS 7 for ColdFusion 9 Update 1?
- I've configured IIS 7 for ColdFusion. To use the IIS 7 features, I disabled IIS6 Metabase Compatibility options. Need I unconfigure the old connector (created with IIS6 Metabase Compatibility options before they were disabled)?
- When I upgrade, should I reindex my existing Solr collection?
- When I upgrade, should I reindex my Verity collection?
- Should I integrate BlazeDS 4 manually?
- Should I integrate LCDS?
- How do I integrate LCDS?
- Is the latest security hotfix and cumulative hotfix for ColdFusion 9 included in ColdFusion 9 Update 1?
The following are the top features in this release:
- ORM support for multiple data sources
- Amazon S3 support
- Support for IIS 7
- New script functions implemented as CFCs
- Support for BlazeDS 4 and LCDS 3
- Configurable seed for password encryption
- Server monitoring enhancements to handle load conditions
In addition, there are some enhancements related to Language, Caching, Ajax, SpreadSheet, Solr, and Logging and scores of bug fixes.
To get a snapshot of the new and changed features, refer to the document What's new and changed in Adobe ColdFusion 9.0 Update 1. For usage and detailed information of the features, see the New Feature Notes.
Download the Update from the ColdFusion Updates page.
Adobe recommends that all ColdFusion 9 users install the free ColdFusion 9 update. It should be applied to all editions; Developer, Standard, and Enterprise.
Yes. ColdFusion 9 Update 1 is not part of the latest ColdFusion 9 installer. One has to download relevant ColdFusion 9 Update Installer and apply it on existing ColdFusion 9 Installation.
Should I disable IIS6 Metabase Compatibility options if I configure IIS 7 for ColdFusion 9 Update 1?
I've configured IIS 7 for ColdFusion. To use the IIS 7 features, I disabled IIS6 Metabase Compatibility options. Need I unconfigure the old connector (created with IIS6 Metabase Compatibility options before they were disabled)?
Also, after you disable IIS6 Metabase Compatibility options, ensure that you reconfigure the connector with IIS7.
If you continue with the configuration without disabling IIS6 Metabase Compatibility options, you might encounter the following error: "Error deleting IIS application extensions .jsp,.jws,.cfm,.cfml,.cfc,.cfr,.cfswf,.hbmxml from web site Any (X)".
Yes. ColdFusion 9 Update1 has Solr-specific enhancements as well. Therefore, you must reindex the collection.
If you run applications that need LCDS services, you must manually integrate LCDS. For assistance, see the Read Me in the LCDS<version>_for_CF901.zip.