When you launch Creative Suite 6 64-bit applications, you are repeatedly asked to license or activate your software. Additionally, the trial screen is repeatedly displayed after licensing the product.
Important: This document contains the most updated information on this issue and Adobe plans to update it as soon as a solution is available.
This issue is only affecting a small number of users, but is currently under investigation. If you are experiencing this behavior, continue to log in with your Adobe ID or enter your serial number until Adobe develops a solution. Entering your Adobe ID or serial number fully licenses your product and does not limit functionality.
Adobe support has no additional steps to resolve this issue. The problem is caused when an incorrect machine ID is returned to an Adobe product on every launch.
Method to enter serial number on launch
Note: Use this temporary workaround until a resolution is found for this issue.
Entering your serial number into a WordPad or TextEdit document allows you to quickly copy and paste your serial number into the serial number dialog box. Follow the steps below to complete this process.
- Launch WordPad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac OS).
- Type your serial number with or without dashes. Note: Dashes don't cause a problem when you perform the steps, but they are not required.
- Save the document to an easy to find location, such as your Documents.
- Open serial number document.
- Highlight the serial number.
- Copy the text by pressing Ctrl + C (Windows) or Command + C (Mac OS).
- Close the document.
- Launch the Creative Suite product.
- Click License This Product.
- When prompted, click inside the serial number field and press Ctrl + V (Windows) or Command + V (Mac OS).
- Follow the onscreen navigation to continue launching the product.
Once the serial number is accepted, a fully functional product (not a trial) launches.