When you launch Creative Suite 6 64-bit applications, you are repeatedly asked to license or activate your software. Additionally, the trial screen is repeatedly displayed after licensing the product.
Important: This document contains the most updated information on this issue and will be updated as soon as a resolution is avaliable.
This issue is only affecting a small number of users but is currently under investigation. If you are experiencing this behavior, please continue to login with your Adobe ID or enter your serial number until we develop resolution. Entering your Adobe ID or serial number fully licenses your product and does not limit your functionality.
Adobe support have no additional steps that can be performed to resolve this issue. The problem is caused by an incorrect machine ID being returned to our product on every launch.Determining the source of this issue is taking a continuing effort and deeply apologize for the inconvience.
Method to enter serial number on launch
Note: This is a temporary workaround until a resolution can be found for this issue.
Entering your serial number into a WordPad or TextEdit document will allow you to quickly copy and paste your serial number into the serial number dialog. Follow the steps below to complete this process.
- Launch WordPad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac).
- Type your serial number with or without dashes.
- Note: Dashes will not cause a problem when performing the steps but are not required.
- Save the document to an easy to find location, such as your Documents.
- Open serial number document.
- Highlight the serial number.
- Copy the text by pressing Ctrl + C (Windows) or Command + C (Mac).
- Exit the document.
- Launch the Creative Suite product.
- Click License This Product.
- When prompted click inside the serial number field and press Ctrl + V (Windows) or Command + V (Mac.)
- Follow the on screen navigation to continue launching the product.
Once the serial number is accepted you are launching a fully functional product NOT a trial.