The Adobe Creative Suite 4 or Point Products can be packaged for silent install or deployment using Creative Suite Deployment Tool or manually. For additional information on packaging the Adobe Creative Suite 4 manually, please refer to, "Adobe Creative Suite 4 ManualEnterprise Deployment."
The Creative Suite Deployment Tool (CSDT) was designed to simplify the package creation process. This utility allows you to package the Adobe Creative Suite 4 or Point Product installer to silently install or deploy our software. The CSDT will enable you to create the necessary files to silently installing the Adobe Creative Suite 4 without completing all of the steps in the, "Adobe Creative Suite 4 ManualEnterprise Deployment."
The Adobe Creative Suite Deployment Tool offers the following advantages:
- Simplifies the creation of the install and uninstall xml files.
- Creates the application.xml.override to eliminate errors.
- Creates a wrapper for the command line execution to reduce errors.
- Verifies the Adobe Creative Suite 4 or Point Product installation source is valid.
- Reduces the amount of time required to create a silent installation or deployment package.
The Creative Suite Deployment Tool (CSDT) does not receive seperate support from you Adobe Creative Suite 4 products. Support is included with the Adobe Creative Suite 4 or Point Product. The same limitations, as performing the steps manually, apply to supporting Adobe Creative Suite 4 cases that use the CSDT. For additional information please refer to, "Support boundaries for deployment with Adobe Creative Suite 4 products" TechNote kb405450.