Having trouble installing Adobe Flash Player? Identify your issue and try the corresponding solution.
2. Are you being asked to close the browser?
On Internet Explorer (Windows) and Safari (Mac OS), the installer needs to close the browser to proceed with the installation.
Follow these instructions.
Also, if an application is using an already installed version of Flash Player, the Flash Player installer can't run properly. In that case, close all open applications and try again.
3. Have you checked if Flash Player is enabled in your browser?
For Internet Explorer, see Enabling Flash Player | Internet Explorer.
For Firefox on any OS, see Enabling Flash Player | Firefox.
For Safari on Mac OS, see Enabling Flash Player | Safari.
For Google Chrome, see Enabling Flash Player | Chrome.
For Opera, see Enabling Flash Player | Opera.
4. Are you getting errors containing ActiveX issues?
Disable ActiveX filtering for Flash Player to work properly.
See How to Turn ‘ActiveX Filtering’ On or Off in IE9, IE10, and IE11 in the Microsoft forums.
5. Did the installer start installing?
You don’t know where the Flash Player installer has been downloaded.
The Flash Player installer should prompt you to begin installation after the download is complete. If it doesn’t, you can start the installer directly from your Downloads folder.
- After downloading Flash Player, close all browsers.
- Locate the install flash player file. Unless you have specified otherwise, the file is saved in your Downloads folder.
- Double-click the installer file to begin the Flash Player installation.
6. Are you getting permission issues?
After installing Flash Player, everything works correctly until you restart your computer. After you restart, web pages ask you to install Flash Player again.
See the FAQ page.
7. Are you unable to resolve the issue?
The rich-media content does not work and you do not know what the issue is.
Check out the frequently occurring issues with Flash Player.
Still having problems?
If you are still having trouble installing Adobe Flash Player, try downloading the installer directly from the following sites:
- Flash Player for Internet Exporer - ActiveX
- Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI
- Flash Player for Opera and Chromium-based browsers - PPAPI