May 31st, 2012. Welcome to Adobe® Flash Player® 11.3 Release Candidate for Windows 8 Release Preview. This release provides support for Metro style IE and IE10 on the Desktop.
Current Runtime Release Version
Windows 8 Release Preview
For both Metro-style IE and IE10 on desktop the silent auto update mechanism is not available, nor is it possible for you to install a production release of Flash Player. All updates are managed through the Windows Update mechanism.
IE10 on desktop
This Release Candidate version of Flash Player running in IE10 on desktop is functionally equivalent to Flash Player 11.3 on previous versions of Windows, with the exception of all content being played windowless.
Windows 8 Metro is optimized to provide a touch-first experience. To ensure the user has the best possible browsing experience the Metro-style browser uses the Compatibility View (CV) list. Only sites that are on the CV list for Flash can view Flash content in Metro style IE.
A detailed set of guidelines will be published by Microsoft in the coming weeks that define the compatibility criteria for Flash content that can be played in Metro style IE. These guidelines will also cover the process for submitting content to Microsoft for inclusion in the CV list.
For Flash Player running in Metro style IE:
- Printing is not available (3154368)
- Access to the camera and microphone are not available (3171828)
- Flash bookmarks (aka Flash Anchors) are not available
- Use of the rollout event is not supported
- P2P is not available
- The following touch APIs are not supported: pan, rotate, swipe, zoom, press and tap, two finger tap (3167196)
- The file picker for opening and saving files is not available (3138198, 3153244)
- DRM protected content is not available for playback (3188803)
- Narrator does not announce Flash context menu listings (3188798)
- The follow options in the context menu are not functioning: cut, copy, paste, select all, delete, and copy link location (3189094)
- Third party IME doesn't work in Metro mode (3176965)
Please note the above functionality is available in IE10 on Desktop.
For Flash Player running in Metro style IE and IE10 on Desktop:
- The web page scrolls when playing Flash games that use the up and down arrow keys (3173180)
- Narrator does not announce text typed into Flash text field (3187587)
- Narrator does not announce editing text (3186451)
- All hyper-links in native control panel are broken (3179958)
- Tablet only, various resize issues when watching a video in full screen and rotating the device (3195166, 3196109, 3188568, 3198288)
- On various sites the content is resized to the top left hand corner due to the default zoom being set to 150% (3181628)
Found a bug? Please submit a bug to the Flash Player bug database.
Flash Player may leverage your graphics hardware to decode and play H.264 video. There may be video issues that can only be reproduced with your particular graphics hardware and driver. When reporting an issue involving video, it is essential to note your graphics hardware and driver, along with your operating system and browser (when using Flash Player), so that we can reproduce and investigate issues. Please be sure to include this information as described in Instructions for Reporting Video Playback Issues. Note: Due to the high volume of email we receive, we are unable to respond to every request.
Thank you for using Adobe® Flash Player® and for taking the time to send us your feedback!