When you try to launch Lightroom, it displays the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."
The suggestions below can also solve the issue. They are easier to perform, but are less likely to solve the issue than repairing or reinstalling Windows.
1. Install the 32-bit version of Lightroom.
- Locate the most recent downloaded version of Lightroom 4.x, or go here to locate the most recent update.
- Open the installer.
- Instead of double-clicking the Install Lightroom 4.exe file, open the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 folder.
- Double-click the setup32.exe file to install the 32-bit version of Lightroom 4.
2. If you created a Restore point in Windows before this problem started, revert to that point.
Users have reported success after reverting to a Windows restore point prior to the installation of the iLivid download manager.
3. Update your video display drivers.
- Use this TechNote to update your graphics display drivers in Windows 7.
5. Run a scan for viruses.
6. Run chkdsk to look for disk errors.
- Contact Microsoft for more information.