With Lightroom mobile, you can edit and organize photos in your Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 catalog using an iPad, iPhone, or Android phone. All edits that you make using Lightroom mobile are automatically synced with your Lightroom 5 catalog.
- What is Adobe Lightroom mobile and who is it for?
With Lightroom mobile, photographers can edit and organize photos in their Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 catalog using an iPad, iPhone, or Android phone. It’s the only mobile photo editing solution that works natively with Lightroom 5 and can edit raw images from DSLR cameras using Smart Previews. When you edit your photos using Lightroom mobile, all your edits are automatically synced with your Lightroom 5 catalog.
- Does Lightroom 5 include access to Lightroom mobile?
Lightroom mobile is included as part of the following Creative Cloud membership plans:
- Creative Cloud Photography plan
- Photoshop Photography Program
- Creative Cloud complete plan
- Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition
- Creative Cloud for teams complete plan
If you have access to Lightroom 5 via your Creative Cloud membership, then you have access to Lightroom mobile.
Since Lightroom mobile is a service, it is available only via membership plans. Lightroom 5 perpetual license does not include access to Lightroom mobile.
- How can I try Lightroom mobile?
Visit the Lightroom mobile getting started page and follow the steps to try Lightroom mobile.
- What platforms and devices does Lightroom mobile support?
Lightroom mobile is available for the iOS and Android mobile operating systems.
Lightroom mobile supports iOS7 and later running on iPad 2 and later, iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, and iPod Touch 5th Generation. Additionally, you need Lightroom 5.4 for Windows or Mac OS.
Lightroom mobile supports phones running Android 4.1.x and later. Additionally, you need Lightroom 5.4 for Windows or Mac OS.
Ensure that the Android phone on which you want to install Lightroom mobile meets the following system requirements:
Minimum system requirements
- Processor: Quad Core CPU with 1.7 GHz frequency and ARMv7 architecture
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal storage: 8 GB
- Android OS version: 4.1.x and later
Recommended system requirements
- Processor: Quad Core CPU with 2.2 GHz frequency and higher ARMv7 architecture
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal storage: 8 GB and above
- Android OS version: 4.1.x and later
- Which languages is Lightroom mobile available in?
Lightroom mobile is available in English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Brazilian, Portuguese, and Korean.
- What version of Lightroom 5 do I need to use Lightroom mobile?
You will need Lightroom 5.4 or later to use Lightroom mobile. Choose Help > Update from within Lightroom 5 to ensure you have the latest update.
- What file formats does Lightroom mobile support?
Lightroom 5 supports file formats including raw images from virtually any DSLR camera, JPEG, and PNG files. Lightroom5 creates and syncs Smart Previews between your desktop and mobile device. Smart Previews are representations of your original images that allow you to make non-destructive edits that can be synced back to your originals. The original files remain on your desktop and are not stored, synced, or used by Lightroom mobile. Camera roll files on your mobile device are natively supported and are synchronized to Lightroom 5.
- What will happen to my images if my Lightroom mobile trial or subscription ends?
You maintain complete ownership and control of your images at all times.
If your subscription ends, you will no longer be able to view, edit, or sync your photos in Lightroom mobile. You can continue to view and edit your photos in Lightroom 5 as long as you have a Lightroom 5 perpetual license, Creative Cloud membership, or are within your Lightroom 5 trial period.
- Does syncing images to Lightroom mobile use a portion of the cloud storage I get with my Creative Cloud membership?
No, the images synced to Lightroom mobile are not counted as a part of your cloud storage.
- Is the Lightroom mobile service storing my original image files online?
The Lightroom mobile service does not store your original image files. Lightroom creates and syncs Smart Previews between your desktop and mobile device. Smart Previews are representations of your original images that allow you to make non-destructive edits that can be synced back to your originals. The original files remain on your desktop and are not stored, synced, or used by Lightroom mobile.
- Why does Adobe Lightroom mobile require a Creative Cloud membership?
Lightroom mobile requires an extensive cloud infrastructure to sync image data and edits between the desktop and mobile devices. Given that Creative Cloud already provides such an infrastructure, as well as a membership plan specifically for photographers, Creative Cloud was a natural fit for powering Lightroom mobile.
- Can I import raw files transferred to my device using the Camera Connection Kit or Wi-Fi into Lightroom mobile?
Lightroom mobile does not support direct raw file import using the Camera Connection Kit or Wi-Fi.
Using Adobe Lightroom mobile
- How do I get started with Lightroom mobile?
Visit the Lightroom mobile getting started page for a step by step guide.
- How can I get help using Lightroom mobile on my iPhone, iPad, or Android phone?