In version 6 or later of the Elements Organizer on Windows, some or all of your photos and other media files have unexpected behaviors:
- In the Properties panel, the file location begins with an incorrect drive letter.
- In Folder Location view, the folder paths begin with an incorrect drive letter.
- When you try to edit, open, move, or share a file that has an incorrect drive letter, the message "Searching for missing file" appears.
- If you allow the Elements Organizer to continue searching for the missing file, then the program can appear to successfully reconnect the file. However, you still cannot edit or use the file, and its drive letter remains incorrect.
- If you reconnect the file manually, then the program returns the error "The file exists in the catalog." (You can reconnect the file manually by choosing File > Reconnect or by clicking Browse in the Searching For Missing File dialog box).