Follow these instructions to silently install Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 on Windows with an Adobe Open Options (AOO) volume license.
Prepare for a silent installation
Some of these procedures require you to locate hidden files and hidden folders or to locate files by their full filenames, including extensions. By default, Windows Explorer does not show hidden files, hidden folders, and filename extensions that it recognizes.
On Windows 7 and Vista, a User Access Control (UAC) prompt sometimes appears when the installer starts, if UAC is enabled. To prevent the User Access Control prompt, disable UAC.
Silent install instructions
(Optional) Open the Setup.ini file from the Adobe Photoshop Elements folder copied in Step 1 in Notepad and change it as follows:
- To start the installation, open the Windows Command Prompt utility and navigate to the location containing the Setup.exe file. Enter the following line with the appropriate modifications:
Start/wait %path of Setup.exe%\Setup.exe /UL%LangCode% /V“SERIALNUMBER=%volume license serial number%”
Replace <Path of Setup.exe> with the location of the Setup.exe file in the Adobe Photoshop Elements folder copied from installation DVD in Step 1.
Replace %LangCode% with the appropriate four-digit language code:
- Brazilian Portuguese= 1046
- Chinese Simplified= 2052
- Czech= 1029
- Dutch= 1043
- English= 1033
- French= 1036
- German= 1031
- Italian= 1040
- Japanese= 1041
- Polish= 1045
- Russian= 1049
- Spanish= 1034
- Swedish= 1053
- Turkish= 1055
Replace %volume license serial number% with your 24-digit AOO volume license serial number.
Note: Be sure to include the dashes in the serial number.
Example: If the path to your Setup.exe file is C:\Adobe Photoshop Elements 9\, your language is Czech, and your volume license serial number is 1111-1111-1111-1111-1111-1111, then your command is Start/wait C:\"Adobe Photoshop Elements 9"\Setup.exe /UL1029 /V"SERIALNUMBER=1111-1111-1111-1111-1111-1111"
Note: If there are spaces in your folder name, ensure that you enclose the folder name in double quotes.
Verify a silent installation
To verify that the installation after the installation process finishes:
Verify that the following folders were added:
- %drive%\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 9 Organizer
- %drive%>\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 9
- The EULADelay Data key is required for every silent installation.
- The Registration Data key is optional. If you use it, then the Create Adobe ID dialog doesn't appear when Photoshop Elements is started. Also, the Help > Product Registration option is dimmed.
- The Updates Data key is optional. If you use it, then Photoshop Elements doesn't check for updates and the Help > Updates option doesn't appear.