Follow these instructions to silently install Adobe Premiere Elements 9 on Windows with an Adobe volume license (AVL).
Prepare for a silent installation
Some of these procedures require you to locate hidden files and hidden folders or to locate files by their full filenames, including extensions (for example, sample_filename.ini). By default, Windows Explorer does not show hidden files, hidden folders, and filename extensions that it recognizes. See Show hidden files, hidden folders, and filename extensions | Windows XP | Vista | Windows 7 (kb402324).
On Windows 7/Vista, a User Access Control (UAC) prompt sometimes appears when the installer starts, if UAC is enabled. To prevent the User Access Control prompt, disable UAC.
Silent install instructions
Copy the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 folder from the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 installation DVD to your hard drive.
- Optional] Copy the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Content folder from the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Content installation DVD into the Adobe Premiere Elements folder copied in Step 1. Rename the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Content folder to 'Templates'.
- Set INSTALLTEMPLATES=1 to install Movie themes, DVD, and Title templates along with the Adobe Premiere Elements installer. Set INSTALLTEMPLATES=0 to prevent additional Movie themes, DVD, and Title templates from being installed with the Adobe Premiere Elements installer. If the 'Templates' folder is not present in the Adobe Premiere Elements folder copied in Step 1, enter a value of 0.
i.Download the ols_config_education.xml file from here to the root of the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 folder.
e. If you want the watch folder service to install but not start during install, set WATCHSERVICE=0 in the OEM install section of Abcpy.ini.
f. Save the Abcpy.ini file and close Notepad.
3.To start the installation, open the Windows Command Prompt utility, navigate to the location containing the OEM.exe file. Enter the following line with the appropriate modifications:
Start/wait %path of OEM.exe(present in the copied folder in step 1)%\OEM.exe /UL%LangCode% /V“SERIALNUMBER=%volume license serial number%”
- Brazilian Portuguese = 1046
- Chinese Simplified = 2052
- Czech = 1029
- Dutch = 1043
- English = 1033
- French = 1036
- German = 1031
- Italian = 1040
- Japanese =1041
- Polish = 1045
- Russian = 1049
- Spanish = 1034
- Swedish = 1053
- Turkish = 1055
Note: Replace %volume license serial number% with your 24-digit volume license serial number. Be sure to include the dashes in the serial number.
If the path to your OEM.exe file is C:\Adobe Premiere Elements 9\, your language is Czech, and your volume license serial number is 1111-1111-1111-1111-1111-1111, then the command is
Start/wait C:\"Adobe Premiere Elements 9"\OEM.exe /UL1029 /V"SERIALNUMBER=1111-1111-1111-1111-1111-1111."
If there are spaces in your folder name, ensure that you enclose the folder name in double quotes.
Verify the installation
To verify the installation after the installation process finishes:
Verify that the following folders were added:
- %drive%\Program Files\Adobe\AdobePremiere Elements 9.0 (For example: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 9.0)
- %drive%\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 9.0 Organizer
- The EULADelay Data key is required for every silent installation.
- The Registration Data key is optional. If you use it, then the Create Adobe ID dialog does not appear when you open Adobe Premiere Elements. The Help > Product Registration option is disabled.
- The Updates Data key is optional. If you use it, Adobe Premiere Elements does not check for updates and the Help > Updates option does not appear.