Complimentary upgrades for Acrobat XI and other products
You could be eligible for a complimentary upgrade if you bought your software product (full or upgrade) soon after a new version was announced. To find out if your purchase falls in the eligibility period, contact Adobe to chat with an agent (English only). For other languages, select an option from the Need A Different Country Or Region menu.
Adobe doesn't notify customers who purchased single-user licenses about complimentary post-announce upgrades. Volume license customers receive an email with instructions for claiming their complimentary post-announce upgrades.
- You must have a single-user retail, volume license, or educational version of an Adobe software product. Not sure if you have a single-user product? See Determine what type of software license you have.
The following Adobe products don't qualify for complimentary upgrades:
- Products purchased through the Mac App Store
- Products purchased through auction sites (such as eBay)
- Second-hand purchases, including software received through a transfer of license
- Tutorial DVDs, trials, tryouts, betas, Not For Retail (NFR), and bundled OEM versions
- You must have registered your current serial number. If you register within your product, you can receive the complimentary benefits of Product Registration. For details, see Product Registration Options.
- You must have your order number if you purchased from Adobe. If you purchased from a reseller, it's necessary to provide proof of purchase. See proof of purchase qualifications.
- This offer is available only through Adobe directly and cannot be used with any other offers.
- After you submit your request for a complimentary upgrade, you can expect a response within two business days. You can expect Adobe to fulfill your request in 8-10 business days.
- If you receive a request from Adobe to submit proof of purchase for your qualifying order, respond promptly via the Customer Support Portal. Adobe closes your case if you don't respond within 48 hours, and it's necessary to start the process again. See Valid proof of purchase.
- Your complimentary upgrade is available for download from Adobe.com. In locations where downloads are not an option, Adobe ships you a boxed product. You receive notification when the product ships so you can track its status.
Complimentary upgrades for volume license customers
Adobe notifies qualified volume license customers via email when their complimentary upgrade is available. The email contains all instructions for getting the upgrade.
Your complimentary post-announce upgrade is for the same platform, language, and edition as your previous version. However, you can request another language if it wasn't available previously or is no longer offered.
If you already requested a complimentary post-announce upgrade, Adobe doesn't accept a second request using the same serial number. If you think you were denied in error, contact Customer Service and explain the situation. Be sure to include the serial number you used to make your request.
If you purchased a single-user license directly from Adobe, there is a record of your purchase. Note the order number and the fact that it was purchased directly from Adobe on your communication. The agent verifies your purchase. If you purchased from a reseller, ask the reseller to provide you with a copy of your receipt. Adobe cannot approve a request without a valid proof of purchase.