Right-click on the Adobe Acrobat button on the Chrome toolbar.
Adobe Product Improvement Program for Chrome Extension
Adobe Product Improvement Program is designed to understand and anticipate world-class products and solutions that must be delivered to customers. Participation is voluntary, and no personal information is collected.
Web content and permissions
What permissions does the Adobe Acrobat extension require?
The extension requires the following permissions:
- Tabs: Used to interact with the browser's tab system.
- Downloads: Used to manage web-content downloads.
- Context menus: Allows the extension to add items to the context menu in Chrome.
- Native messaging: Allows the extension to exchange messages with cooperating native applications on the user's devices.
- Host permissions ("all URLs"): Allows extension functionality on all web pages with "http", "https", and “file” schemes.
- History: Used to fetch recent URLs.
When you enable our extension, you are prompted to grant various permissions, such as seeing URLs you navigate to. These permissions are required to allow the extension to render PDF in Acrobat Viewer or to convert HTML content to PDF. However, the URL information is not sent back to Adobe.
What user data is handled by the Adobe Acrobat extension to provide its functionalities?
To provide its features, this extension sends data specific to website content and resources to a native application installed on the user's device. Adobe may also collect some analytics data as described below.
What information is collected to analyze the extension's usage and how will Adobe use the information?
- Browser type and version.
- Adobe product information such as version.
- Adobe feature usage such as menu options or buttons selected.
- Domain information.
The information above is associated with an identifier associated with your browser and may be used to personalize your experience and to help develop new features and improve Adobe products.
How is my privacy protected?
How does it work?
You choose to participate and allow Adobe to send usage data associated with an identifier associated with your browser to Adobe.
How do I opt out?
Will I receive spam if I participate in the program?
You won't receive emails from Adobe regarding this program, regardless of whether you participate.
How long does the program last?
Information is collected as long as you use the product version for which you've agreed to participate or until you decide to stop participating in the program.