Issue: While installing Acrobat DC from the Creative Cloud Desktop App you encounter the Error 1722- There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program run as a part of the setup did not finish as expected......
- Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center ( http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=40784 )
- Select vcredist_x86.exe and download the package.
- If you're on a 64 bit machine navigate to "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" else navigate to "C:\Windows\System32" on 32 bit machines. If "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder exists then you're on a 64 bit machine.
- Search for msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll and rename both files.
Don't delete them so that just in case vcredist_x86.exe package fails to install you can rename them back.
- Now double click vcredist_x86.exe and install it. After installation completes check that msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll are now installed back. You can delete the files that you renamed in step above now. Don't delete msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll
- Install Acrobat through CC Installer and it should install now