Error: Upgrade your browser to use Dropbox
On Windows, adding a Dropbox account in Acrobat or Reader may result in the following error message on the Dropbox login dialog: "Upgrade your browser to use Dropbox. Your current browser is not supported."
Reason: Dropbox has stopped support for Internet Explorer 11. It's a server-side change and impacts Acrobat and Reader clients on Windows.
To resolve the error, follow the steps below as a workaround.
Change the values of the User Agent registry entries from Internet Explorer (IE) to Chrome. This change will bypass the Dropbox server-side check of the non-supported IE browser.
Do the following:
The newly added registry keys under User Agent should look like as shown in the snapshot below.
- Open the registry editor - go to Run (Windows menu + R), type regedit.exe in the Open field and click OK.
- Go to the following location in the editor:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent
- In the right frame, double-click Default and enter the following in the Value data field and then click OK: Mozilla/5.0
- Add the following keys of type String Value:
- Right-click User Agent, point to New and then click String Value. A new key is added in the right frame. Rename it to Platform. Double-click Platform and enter the following in the Value data field and then click OK: Windows NT 10.1; Win64; x64
- Right-click User Agent, point to New and then click String Value. A new key is added in the right frame. Rename it to Version. Double-click Version and enter the following in the Value data field and then click OK: AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.106
Search, sort, and filter commands are yet not available in the Home view for Dropbox files.