Adobe Connect 9.0 Add-in
Starting August 17 2012, Adobe Connect 8 hosted customers will begin to get upgraded to Adobe Connect 9. Customers will be notified about their exact upgrade date and time.
This update requires a new Adobe Connect Add-in (henceforth referred to as simply “Add-in”) for functionality specific to meeting hosts and presenters on Windows and Mac. You will be asked to install the new Add-in when:
You try to start/join a 9.0 meeting for the first time and
· Have an older version of the Connect 9 Add-in installed OR
· Have the Connect 8 Add-in installed but not the Connect 9 Add-in
You invoke screen sharing, application sharing, or share PowerPoint (PPTX format) files and
· Do not have the Connect 9 Add-in installed OR
· Do not have the latest version of the Connect 9 Add-in installed
The new Add-in is based on a later version of Flash Player (than the Adobe Connect 8 Add-in) and provides better performance. The new Add-in will also enable the developer community to create custom pods targeting Flash Player 10.
Since the new Add-in co-exists with the Adobe Connect 8 Add-in, it can be downloaded and installed in advance of the Adobe Connect 9 upgrade. The version of new Add-in is 220.127.116.11.
1. Click here to download Windows Add-in.
2. Save the file (ac_addin_win_247.zip) when prompted; by default, it's saved in the Downloads folder.
3. Open the Downloads folder and open the saved file to extract the package (the package name is setup.exe).
4. Open setup.exe to launch the installer.
5. Follow the installer prompts to install the add-in.
Click here to download the Mac Add-in. If you use Firefox on Mac OS, right-click the above link and select "Save Page As" to download the add-in.
1. Save the file (ac_addin_mac_247.z) when prompted; by default, it's saved in the Downloads folder.
2. Open the Downloads folder and open the saved file to extract the package (the package name is adobeconnectaddin-installer.pkg).
3. Open adobeconnectaddin-installer.pkg to launch the installer.
4. Follow the installer prompts to install the Add-In.
If you have any questions, contact Technical Support.