Contact Support for more information or to obtain the patch.
The AEM 6.2 Forms JEE patch installer 0002 includes all fixed issues for all components of AEM 6.2 Forms JEE available until the release of this patch. See Issues fixed in the patch for a complete list of fixed issues.
- The PDF/A document metadata does not include the extension schema and the property type does not match. (Ref# NPR-12213)
- The embedded font in the PDF/A document does not have glyph names. (Ref# NPR-12212)
- The key N in the PF/A document is incorrectly set to 4. (Ref# NPR-12210)
- Improperly embedded fonts in merged PDFs cause large sized files. (Ref# NPR-11694)
- PDF Generator now supports Microsoft Office 2016 Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and project. (Ref# NPR-12252)
- HTML workspace does not open with Internet Explorer 11 when the workspace URL is added to the Trusted Intranet Sites. (Ref# NPR-12219)
- Cannot open a form from the to-do list in HTML workspace when SSO is enabled. (Ref# NPR-12223)
- Save Draft functionality does not work in HTML workspace. (Ref# NPR-13117)
- When a user submits a PDF rendered HTML5 form, irrelevant
pop upappears asking the user to resubmit the form. (Ref# NPR-10915)
- 'object is null or undefined' error encountered when using 'Search Templates'. (Ref# NPR-10916)
- When 'Search Templates' option is used to look up tasks, Save/Submit buttons disappear for returned tasks after a fraction of seconds in HTML workspace. (Ref# NPR-10917)
- Users unable to start a process when the user saves a draft of the
startpointwith a custom name and later submits it. (Ref# NPR-10918)
- HTML Workspace "Select save Draft " functionality not working. (Ref# NPR-10919)
- 'Blank form submit' Issues in HTML workspace. (Ref# NPR-11472)
- Cannot sync large number (1500+) Active Directory users in a group. (Ref# NPR-12227)
- The import of large IDP metadata file fails when configuring SAML authentication provider in an enterprise or hybrid domain. (Ref# NPR-13529)
- Support provided in
DatacaptureInterface in Core to list CM letters for Workbench. (Ref# NPR-11753)
- Input validations for AACComponent are processed incorrectly. (Ref# NPR-12106)
- Input validations for the PMAdmin module are processed incorrectly. (Ref# NPR-12711)
- Take a backup of the <AEM_forms_root>/deploy folder. It is required if you decide to uninstall the quick fix.
- Stop your application server.
- Extract the patch installer archive file to your hard drive.
- In the directory named according to the operating system that you are using:
Navigate to the appropriate directory on the installation media or folder on your hard disk where you copied the installer, and double-click the aemforms62_cfp_install.exe file.
- (Windows 32-bit) Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM
- (Windows 64-bit) Disk1\InstData\Windows_64bit\VM
- Linux, Solaris, AIX
Navigate to the appropriate directory, and from a command prompt, type ./aem62_cfp_install.bin.
- (Linux) Disk1/InstData/Linux/NoVM
- (Solaris) Disk1/InstData/Solaris/NoVM
This launches an install wizard that guides you through the installation.
- On the Introduction panel, click Next.
- On the Choose Install Folder screen, verify that the default location displayed is correct for your existing installation, or click Browse to select the alternate folder where AEM forms
iscurrently installed, and click Next.
- Read the Quick Fix Patch Summary information and click Next.
- Read the Pre-Installation Summary information and click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Next to apply the quick fix updates to your installed files.
- The Start Configuration Manager checkbox is selected by default. Click Done to run the Configuration Manager.
To run Configuration Manager later, deselect the Start Configuration Manager option before you click Done. You can start Configuration Manager later using the appropriate script in the [AEM_forms_root]/configurationManager/bin directory.
- Depending on your application server, choose one of the following documents and follow the instructions in the Configuring and Deploying AEM forms section.
- (JBoss only) After installing the patch and configuring the server, delete
tmpand work directories of JBoss application server.
If you had SAML authentication configured and facing issues with large IDP metadata, do the following after installing the patch:
- Set the following system property in your application server:
- Restart the server.
- Delete exisitng SAML auth providers and add them again for existing domains as described in SAML settings.