If you are using segments and are seeing no data or unexpected data, try the following:
- If using multiple segments, remove one at a time until expected data is returned.
- If using a single segment, double check that all rules and operators are correct.
- If using multiple containers within a segment, remove them one at a time until expected data is returned.
Once the offending rule or segment is found, double check its logic against the applicable variables. The following are some common pitfalls used in segmentation:
- Containers are reverse-nested. Adobe recommends against using broad containers inside specific containers (for example, nesting a visitor container inside a page view container).
- The variable used in a rule does not contain data. If a segment rule uses eVar1, check the eVar1 report to make sure that variable is collecting data that matches the segment rule.
If the offending rule/segment appears right but after reapplying it still does not return expected data, have a supported user contact Customer Care.