IMPORTANT: Be sure to install the recent updates for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and Adobe Media Encoder CS5. These updates fix many problems and bugs and add many capabilities.
For system requirements, see http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/systemreqs/ .
For CS Live system requirements, visit www.adobe.com/go/cslive_requirements
1. Before you install, close all applications currently running on your system—including other Adobe applications, Microsoft Office applications, and browser windows. It is also recommended to temporarily turn off virus protection during the installation process.
2. You must have administrative privileges or be able to validate as an administrator.
3. Do one of the following:
- Insert the DVD in your drive, and follow the on-screen instructions. If the installer does not launch automatically, navigate to the Adobe CS5 folder found at the root level on the DVD and double-click Set-up.exe to start the installation process.
- If you downloaded the software from the web, the installer will self-extract and launch automatically. If the installer does not launch automatically, open the folder, navigate to the Adobe CS5 folder, double-click Set-up.exe, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Insert the DVD in your drive, navigate to the application folder found at the root level on your disk, double-click Install.app, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you downloaded the software from the web, open the folder, navigate to the application folder, double-click Install.app, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
4. If you are installing as an upgrade, the installer will check your system to find the valid upgrade product. If it cannot find it, it will ask you to input the serial number of the product being upgraded. You can also install the software in trial, then input your new and previous serial numbers in the serialization screen shown during launch.
If you are upgrading from an Adobe product bundled with the purchase of a Sony product, please contact Adobe Customer Support.
5. For additional CS5 installation help, go to www.adobe.com/go/cs5install/.
- Serializing the installation after having previously launched in trial mode will require that you restart your application in order to install the additional files that were not included in the trial installation (#2559971)
- QuickTime for Windows needs to be installed in order to use Video PSD files within Premiere Pro.
- On Mac, you cannot install to the root drive. (#BG044824)
- When installing on Windows Vista64, an incorrect default installation location appears. The application will be installed in the correct location: c:\program files(x86). (#BG064131)
- The “Total Size” displayed in the installer Options screen includes space required for components required for the installation but not shown in the component list, so the number may not equal the listed components size. (#BG059229)
- The installation may take from twenty minutes to over one hour depending on the product and the number of components chosen to be installed. (#BG050030)
- For more detailed information about troubleshooting your installation, go to http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/.
Note: In order to install additional components or reinstall your software after your original installation, you will need access to the original installer (CD, DVD or the download from the web). Repair is not an available option.
Do one of the following:
- In Windows Vista and Windows 7, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Programs and Features. Select the product that you want to uninstall, click Uninstall/Change, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- IMPORTANT: Mac OS has new uninstall functionality. DO NOT drag applications to the trash to uninstall them. To safely uninstall on Mac OS X, double-click the product installer in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers or double-click on the Uninstall alias located in the Application folder. Select Remove Components, then Authenticate as an Administrator and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: If you want to install the product on a different computer, you must first deactivate the software on your computer. To deactivate, choose Help > Deactivate.
Features in trial software
See this page for limitations of the trial version of Adobe Premiere Pro: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407938.html .
Entering a serial number
Enter the serial number for the software you purchased in the serialization screen. The serialization screen will load the first time you launch the application. You can enter a serial number for the application itself or a serial number for any Creative Suite that contains the application. If the product you purchased is one of the Creative Suites, you can enter the serial number in any of the applications contained in the Creative Suite. Other applications installed as part of the same Creative Suite will recognize the new serial number the next time the applications are launched.
Only applications running as a trial will recognize the new serial number. If any of the applications have already been serialized with a different serial number, it will continue to use that serial number until you remove the older serial number using the Help > Deactivate > Erase my serial number. Then on the next launch of the application, it will recognize the new serial number.
The serial number you purchased is for the use of the software in a specific language, and will only be accepted by a product installed in that language.
Volume licensing customers cannot purchase from a trial directly. However, a volume licensing serial number can be used to serialize all Creative Suite applications, except the Acrobat 9 trial or retail versions that ship with Creative Suite. Acrobat 9 volume licensing software must be purchased from an authorized Adobe licensing center. Please contact your reseller or authorized Adobe licensing center to place an order for a volume license. To find a reseller in your area, go to http://partners.adobe.com/resellerfinder/na/reseller.jsp.
Adobe ID and CS Live
An Adobe ID is required to use this software as a trial and set up access to Adobe CS Live online services during your trial period. You will have 7 days from the first launch of your trial to enter an Adobe ID. If you do not provide an Adobe ID within 7 days from the first launch, you will no longer have access to your trial.
Creating an Adobe ID registers your software. Please register to get up-to-date product information, training, newsletters, and invitations to Adobe events and seminars.
All font related documentation is online. Visit http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/landing/creativesuite/creativesuite5.html to find our OpenType User Guide, OpenType ReadMe, links to font specific readmes, listings of fonts installed by the different CS5 products, and listings of fonts included on DVD for each of the CS5 products.
The Creative Suite 5 installer installs fonts into a default system font directory. Many of these fonts are newer versions of fonts installed by Creative Suite 4. If the installer finds older versions of these fonts in the default system font directory, it will uninstall the older versions, and save them to a new directory. The default system font directory is:
Apple Macintosh: <System Disk>/Library/Fonts
Windows: <System Disk>:\Windows\Fonts
The older fonts will be saved in the new directory:
Apple Macintosh: <System Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/current
Windows: <System Disk>:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SavedFonts\current
This new directory will also contain a file named "Read Me.html" which lists the saved fonts, and the version numbers of the new and old font files.
You can re-install the older fonts by deleting the new font files from the default system font directory, and moving the old files back into that directory.
There are additional fonts on the installation disc. For information on installing these fonts, see http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_fontinstall_en.
For a list of known issues, go to http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_cpsid_84021_en-us.
Adobe Customer Service provides assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other non-technical issues. To find out how to contact Adobe Customer Service, please visit Adobe.com for your region or country and click on Contact.
Support Plan Options and Technical Resources
If you require technical assistance for your product, including information on complimentary and fee-based support plans and troubleshooting resources, more information is available at http://www.adobe.com/go/support/. Outside of North America, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/ and click on Change beside the country name in order to select your own area.
Free troubleshooting resources include Adobe’s support knowledgebase, Adobe user-to-user forums, and more. We are continually making additional tools and information available online in order to provide you with flexible options for resolving issues as fast as possible.
If you are having any issues with installing or uninstalling any of your Creative Suite 5 applications, please try rebooting your system prior to contacting Support. For additional CS5 installation help, go to www.adobe.com/go/cs5install/.
Read Me documents: www.adobe.com/go/pr_readme_en
For complete Help plus community-based instruction, inspiration, and support, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_PremierePro_support_en.
© 2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.