What you'll need
What you learned: Create vertical video from horizontal video sources
Create a new composition using settings for vertical video
- Choose Composition > New Composition.
- Set the Preset drop-down menu to HDTV 1080 29.97.
- Make sure that the Lock Aspect Ratio option is deselected.
- Change the Width setting to 607 and click OK.
Add the original 16 x 9 composition to the new vertical composition
- Open the new vertical video composition.
- Drag the 16 x 9 composition from the Project panel into the timeline of the vertical composition.
Animate the position of the 16 x 9 composition to follow the action in the scene
- Move the current-time indicator in the Timeline panel, and set position keyframes as needed to keep the action in the middle of the vertical composition.
- Change the keyframe interpolation of the set keyframes to better match the motion of the project.
Save the composition settings as a preset for future use
- Choose Composition > Composition Settings.
- Click the icon beside the Preset dropdown menu.
- Name the preset and click OK.