- Add a prop, and label it "Average Time Spent on Site".
- Implement the following value so it triggers on every page. This step is done by direct code implementation or processing rules:
- Once completed, give the variable some time to gather data, then go to this custom traffic report within the Custom Traffic folder.
- Click Add metrics, and select Average Time Spent on Page.
- The resulting report consists of a single line item, Entire Site, providing you with the Average Time Spent on Site metric (in minutes).
You can then manipulate this report as you would like, such as bookmarking it, adding it as a dashboard reportlet, or trending it. Though the metric is still technically named Time Spent on Page, this method allows Reports & Analytics to treat your entire site as a single page.