Understand the differences between flow reports accessed via Workspace versus flow reports accessed via legacy reporting.
A flow report in Workspace is accessed via the following:
- Create a project in workspace.
- Drag the 'Flow' visualization from the Visualizations tab into the workspace on the right.
- Drag the 'Page' dimension into one of the available spaces in the flow chart.
- Once data populates, click each dimension to expand or retract it. This report is interactive.
A flow report in legacy reporting is accessed via the following:
- In the left menu, click Navigation > Paths > Pages > Next Page Flow.
- Once the report runs, click each dimension to get a popup to run a separate report with details. This report is not interactive.
There are a couple key differences between Workspace flow and legacy flow reports:
- The inclusion of reloads: Workspace flow reports currently include reloads and persisted values as separate steps. For example, if a visitor uses the path A > A > A > B > A > C, workspace reports all six steps separately. Legacy flow reports would display the above example as A > B > A > C.
- The availability of dimensions and metrics. Legacy flow reports are locked to path views on traffic variables. Workspace flow reports can use any dimension or metric desired, including eVars.