When you first log in to the ad hoc analysis capability, you receive the following message:
"Unable to launch the specified application."
Although not an issue with ad hoc analysis, you can fix the error by doing one or more of the following:
- Clear the Java cache: This Java KB article explains how to accomplish this task.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of Java installed.
- Save and close any other open applications, and restart your computer.
- Ad hoc analysis relies only on browser network settings. Check your browser's proxy settings, and work with your organization's IT team if there are any issues.
- If you are using a shortcut, launch ad hoc analysis from within the Adobe Marketing Cloud instead.
- Do a complete uninstall and reinstall of Java, again ensuring that you obtain the latest version.
If none of the above recommendations are successful, work with your organization's IT team to ensure that the issue is resolved.