You can quickly share a link to a PDF document with others for review or commenting. The document shared as a link opens in any browser, on any device. The document is stored securely in Adobe Document Cloud. Recipients get an email with a link, and they can click the link to view and comment on the document in a browser; no sign-in required.
Automatically collect everyone's comments in a single PDF file. Track progress and consolidate comments.
Send personalized invitations for review
A copy of the PDF file sent for review is stored in your Adobe Document Cloud online account. The Recent section at the bottom area of the page lists all the files you’ve shared for review recently. Alternatively, to see the list of all your files sent for review, click For Review in the sidebar of the window.
Send an anonymous or public link in an email
An anonymous or public link makes the files accessible to anyone who clicks the link. Follow the steps below to create a review link, and share it using your email client.
The reviewers receive an email invitation with a link to the review PDF. When they click the link, the PDF opens in a web browser. They can use the commenting tools to add comments to the PDF. They can also use Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC desktop applications to add comments.
For more information, see Participating in a PDF review.
When the recipient views the PDF, you get a notification in Document Cloud and an email. To view and track all the PDFs shared for review, do the following:
Click For Review in the sidebar of Document Cloud Home. All the PDFs shared for review are displayed along with the following information:
- Name: Name of the PDF shared for review.
- Last Activity: The timestamp of the PDF sent, or received for review.
- Owner: Name of the person who sent the PDF.
- Status: Shows the number of people who have viewed the file.
To view the details of a PDF, select the PDF. In the right pane, you can perform any of the following actions:
- Add Message or a brief instruction about the file.
- Set Deadline for review. Click Set Deadline, and specify the date and time, and click Save.
- Share the file with additional recipients. Expand the recipient list. Click Add Recipients, enter the email address of the recipient you want to share the file with, and then click Send Invitation.
- View the Activity and timestamp on the shared file. Expand Activity to view the details like Sent To, Viewed By the recipients.
- Unshare file if you would like to prevent anyone else from viewing the file.
- Delete the PDF permanently from Document Cloud.