How to validate AEM Service Pack and Fix Pack installations
Last updated on May 16, 2021 02:37:19 PM GMT
- Install a local or test environment with all the fixes.
- Validate that everything is working properly and let users certify that the environment reflects all fixes.
- Regression test to make sure everything previously working is still working properly.
- Download this file: http://aem-host:aem-port/system/console/bundles.json.
- Install all patches to a real environment such as the Development Environment.
- Go to http://aem-host:aem-port/system/console/bundles.json and download the file from that environment.
- Open both of the downloaded bundles.json files in a text editor.
- Open this page in your browser: http://www.aemstuff.com/tools/coi.html.
- Copy paste the bundles.json file contents to the two panels in that tool.
- This tool gives you a diff of OSGi bundle versions between the environments.
- You can also use this tool to see which packages are installed: http://www.aemstuff.com/tools/packagelist.html.