What you learned: Discover the Live brushes and work with realistic oil paints
Select a brush and change settings
To access the oil brushes, tap the Live Brushes tool in the Toolbar and choose Oil. Use the tool options at the bottom of the Toolbar to change brush controls such as Size, Flow, Paint Mix, and Brush Settings.
- Flow controls how much paint is loaded onto the brush.
- Paint Mix controls how a new color mixes with existing colors in the painting.
- Brush Settings offer many options for changing the appearance and behavior of a brush.
Oil paints never dry
Unlike actual oil paints, the oils in Fresco never dry and can always be mixed together, even after the image has been closed and reopened.
Use Paint Mix and Opacity to mix existing colors
If you want to mix the existing colors on a layer without adding a new color:
- Tap the Color Chip to open the Color Picker and drag the Opacity slider to 0%.
- Adjust the Paint Mix setting to a desired setting.
- Paint on the image with an oil brush to mix the existing colors together without adding any new color.