Adobe Captivate Prime has a flexible, customer-friendly, and one of the best pricing models to cater to your organization needs. For more information, see the Captivate Prime page.
Only the Administrators of your organization can manage billing.
If you want to contact Adobe for more information about Captivate Prime subscription and billing, write to us at email@example.com.
You can buy a subscription for a maximum of 3500 learners through any single credit card payment order. The first order in the account must be for a minimum of 10 learners.
On the Billing Information page, add the number of users in the Add Users field. When using a credit card for pre-paid subscriptions, you can see the number of users that you can add for the subscription. The number of users you can add must not exceed the number mentioned in the section Remaining.1.
All orders can have one of the four statuses:
Active: An order is active, and users are registered successfully.
Suspended: An order moves into suspended state in the following scenarios:
- Delay in receipt of payment from the credit card
- Expiry of the credit card.
- Payment is declined for any recurring payment cycle.
Canceled initiated: An order moves into this state when the Captivate Prime Administrator deactivates the account. The order then moves into a canceled state after receiving the cancellation confirmation of the order.
When an account is deactivated by the customer, it enters a trial state for the next 30 days. The account owner receives three reminder emails to revive the account. If the owner does not reactivate the account, none of the users are able to access Captivate Prime apart from the owner.
You can choose purchase order process as an alternative mode of payment. As a pre-requisite, your organization’s account must be registered with Adobe. Your organization account is charged for this process. The account is charged based on a learner’s activities. Only Learning Object-level activities are charged. To place an order using PO:
After an account gets activated, the account can be in any of the following states:
- Trial – You can create an Adobe Captivate Prime account and use it without any payment for a period of 30 days. There is no limit on the number of learners registered during the trial period.
- Active – In this state, the account has active learner subscriptions with recurring monthly payment as per the subscription order.
- Inactive – An account moves into inactive state in the following scenarios:
o After the trial period if there are no active subscription orders in the account.
o Administrator deactivates the account, which results in canceling all the existing orders in an account from the next billing cycle of subscription.
o Payment is declined for active orders in an account even after reminders.
An inactive state does not cancel your account with immediate effect. You receive at least a couple of reminders from the Captivate Prime team asking you to provide the latest information about
your credit card if it has expired. In an inactive state, only an administrator can log in to the Captivate
Prime account. All other users cannot access the account.
- Activation required – Your account moves into this state when the Captivate Prime administrator chooses to deactivate the account. All the orders of this account get canceled. The collection of payment for these orders does not happen from the next billing cycle. The status of the account remains in this state until the day of the last billing cycle. In this state, all users can continue to use the application without any impact until the end of the last recurring payment date.
If you want to cancel the subscription before the completion of the annual term, an early termination fee is charged. The termination fee is equivalent to 50% of the subscription price of the remaining commitment period.
You can choose a MAU plan as your preferred way of billing. This option generates billing based on the number of monthly unique active users. The monthly unique active users are added cumulatively for a period of 12 months starting from the month of plan activation. This number is used for billing for the period.
Use the following example to understand how MAU is calculated.
Let there be a case where the number of users per month are as follows:
- Month 1 = 50
- Month 2 = 500
- Month 3 = 5000
- Month 4 to 12 = 10
Total Monthly Active Users that are billed = Month 1 + Month 2 + Month 3 + Month 4 to 12 = 50 + 500 + 5000 + 90 = 5640.
The billing for the period would be for 5640 users.
At the end of the 12-month period, the usage count is reset back to zero and a new period for MAU plan starts. You can add multiple activation keys to increase the purchased number of seats.
Any user who performs the following actions or achieves completions due to actions taken by others is considered as a monthly unique active user for that calendar month.
- Consuming a course, learning program or certification.
- Consuming, downloading a Job Aid or course attachments.
- Consuming, downloading or creating personal notes.
- Participating in Social Learning by creating Boards, posts or comments.
- Achieving completions due to External Certificate submission approvals or attendance for a classroom/virtual classroom sessions.
You can also download the data of the number of active users by month and year. To download, click Download Detailed Report.
On the Generate Report Request dialog, enter the required months and year, and click Generate.
The reports are saved in the Downloads folder of your browser.