Serial Number Validation screen launching CS6
The screen Serial Number Validation appears when you launch a Creative Suite 6 product.
Solution 1: Connect to the Internet.
Creative Suite 6 products require an Internet connection for activation. The Serial Number Validation screen appears after your grace period and bonus launch have expired, and you still have not connected the product to the Internet. Ensure the following:
- Your computer is connected to the Internet.
- No firewall software is blocking the Adobe Application Manager.
- The solutions in the following document resolve most activation issues, Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual
Solution 2: Process Offline Activation.
Computers that will never have an Internet connection must use the Offline Activation process to Activate. Store and volume license customers can use these steps. Volume license customers can also use the Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition for assisting with this workflow.
Complete this process for every offline computer that you want to activate. Make sure that you have access to a computer with Internet access to complete the steps below. Complete this process within a 72-hour period. If you cannot complete this process within 72 hours, contact Adobe Support for additional assistance.
- Launch the product.
- At the Serial Number Validation screen, click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.
- Click Offline Activation and click Generate a Response Code.
- Write down the Request Code.
- Switch to an online computer and navigate to www.adobe.com/go/getactivated.
- Click Offline Activation.
- Sign in with your Adobe ID.
- Enter your Request code and click Generate.
- Write down the Response code.
- Switch back to the offline computer.
- Enter the Response Code and click Activate.
Solution 3: Contact Adobe Support.
Adobe Support can assist you with resolve Activation issues or to process an Offline Activation.