Upgrade YUI Compressor
Last updated on May 16, 2021 06:00:55 PM GMT | Also Applies to CQ 5.5
- Find the bundle that has yuicompressor. In CQ5.5, the bundle is Adobe Granite UI Commons (com.day.cq.cq-widgets) http://<host>:<port>/system/console/bundles/com.day.cq.cq-widgets
- Download the bundle JAR (com.adobe.granite.ui.commons-5.5.14.jar) inside cq quickstart
- Extract com.adobe.granite.ui.commons-5.5.14.jar & replace the yuicompressor-2.3.6.jar by yuicompressor-2.4.7.jar.
- Open META-INF/MANIFEST.MF and replace yuicompressor-2.3.6.jar by yuicompressor-2.4.7.jar in the Bundle-ClassPath manifest entry.
- Repack the JAR. The knowledgebase article has com.adobe.granite.ui.commons-5.5.14.jar, which already has the latest YUI compressor for your testing.
- Install the attached jar in this article (com.adobe.granite.ui.commons-5.5.14.jar) from felix console at http://<host>:<port>/system/console/bundles/com.day.cq.cq-widgets
- Delete everything under /var/clientlibs/* from crxde light & Save the changes.
- Restart the bundle http://<host>:<port>/system/console/bundles/com.day.cq.cq-widgets.
Test completely in lower envirnoment to ensure that updated YUI jar does not cause any problems.
Also AEM5.6 GA version contains latest yui 2.4.7 compressor.