Channel Layout Editor allows you to create multi zone content and use variety of assets such as videos, images, and text that can be combined in a single screen in contexual ways. You can pull in images, videos, and texts and allow it all to blend together and create an intuitive and interactive digital experience.
As per the project requirements, sometimes you need multiple zones in a channel and edit them as one comprehensive unit. For example, a product sequence with a related social media feed running in three separate zones on a single channel.
While creating a channel, you can use diffrent templates in order to create zones in your channel. You can add an image, video, or an embedded channel to leverage content as per your project requirements.
- Select the Adobe Experience Manager link (top left) and then Screens. Alternatively, you can go directly to: http://localhost:4502/screens.html/content/screens.
- Click Create to create a new Screens project.
- Select Screens from the Create Screens Project wizard and click Next.
- Enter the title as Channel Layout Project and click Create.
- Navigate to the Channel Layout Project you created and select the channel (Split Channel).
- Click Edit from the action bar and the editor for the Split Channel opens.
- Click the icon that toggles side panel on left hand side of the action bar to open the assets and components. Drag and drop the components you want to add to your channel.
As an example, fhe following two images are added to the channel in the editor.
- Navigate to the location where you want to create your display (Acme --> Locations --> San Jose) and select San Jose.
- Click Create from the action bar. Select Display from the Create wizard and click Next.
- Enter Title for your display location (enter the title as Split Display).
- Under the Display tab, choose the details of the Layout. Choose the Resolution as Full HD. Choose the Number of Devices Horizontally as 1 and the Number of Devices Vertically as 1.
- Click Create.
- Navigate to the display from Channel Layout Project --> Locations --> San Jose --> Split Display.
- Select Split Display and tap/click Assign Channel from the action bar, Or,
- Click Dashboard and select +Assign Channel at the top right from ASSIGNED CHANNELS & SCHEDULES panel. Channel Assignment dialog box opens.
- Enter the Channel Role as Split.
- Select Reference Channel by path. Select the channel folder path (Channel Layout Project --> Channels --> Split horizontal) in the Channel.
- Select the Priority for this channel as 1.
- Choose the Supported Events as Initial Load and Idle Screen.
- Click Save.
- Launch a separate browser window. Go to Screens player using the web browser or launch the AEM Screens app.
- When you open the device you will notice the device's state as unregistered. From the AEM dashboard, navigate to Channel Layout Project --> Devices.
- Click Device Manager from the action bar.
- Click Device Registration and you will see the pending devices. Select the device you want to register and click Register Device.
- You will need to validate the code by verifying the code from the web browser or AEM Screens player. Click Validate to navigate to Device Registration screen.
- Enter Title as NewD and click Register and the device will be registered.
- Click Assign Display to move on to the next step where you assign the device to a display.
- Click Assign Device fand select the display path for your channel () as /content/screens/Test_Project/Locations/TestLocation/TestDisplay. Click Assign.
- Click Finish to complete the process, and now the device is assigned.
Load your AEM Screens Player or use the web browser. You will notice the content of the channel displayed in your Screens player. The content is displayed as 1x2 split screen channel template.