To add catalogs, follow the steps below:
- Click Catalogs on the left pane after you log in as an Administrator.
A list of all the existing catalogs appear in the page, if already created.
- Click Create on the upper-right corner of the page.
Create Catalog page appears.
- Enter name and description for the catalog and click Next.
- In the Content page, you can view four tabs as shown in the following snapshot. Choose one of them and click Add content to add the respective learning object content.
The content appears in each of these tabs if it is already available in the account. Otherwise, you need to create the content first. For example, if you have not added any of the courses or learning programs already in Captivate Prime application, then you have to start creating them first.
You have to enable the catalogs to make them visible to learners.
- Click All tab.
- Choose any catalog name that you want to enable by clicking the checkbox adjacent to it.
- Click Actions drop-down at the upper-right corner of the page and select Enable.
To disable a catalog, click Enabled tab and follow 1 and 2 steps mentioned above. In Actions drop-down, choose Disable.
To delete a catalog, click any of the three tabs: All, Enabled, Disabled and follow 1 and 2 steps mentioned above. In Actions drop-down, choose Delete.
To edit the catalogs, click any of the learning object names (courses or learning programs or certifications). An Edit dialog appears. Make the necessary changes and click Save. You can delete the existing learning objects by clicking x mark against each of them in Edit dialog. Add new objects by clicking Add in the dialog.
Administrator can share the catalogs with internal users of an organization or with any external users. However, the sharing is exclusive. In other words, an internally shared catalog cannot be shared with external groups and vice versa.
Courses, Learning programs, Job-Aids, and certifications are the supported learning objects for shared catalog.
In Catalogs feature of Administrator login, click the catalog you want to share. Click User Groups on the left pane. Click Add user groups on the page and enter the internal user group with whom you want to share the catalog.
There is no option available to enable/disable a shared user group. To disable, you have to delete the user group. To delete, hover the mouse over the triple dots and click delete icon. Alternatively, click Actions drop-down at the upper-right corner of the page and click Delete.
In Catalogs feature of Administrator login, click the catalog you want to share. Click Share on the left pane. Click Add External Accounts on the page.
Enter the subdomain associated with your Captivate Prime account. Click How to get subdomain? to learn about the subdomain usage. You can also click Branding on the left pane in Administrator home page to view the subdomain associated with your organization account.
You can set the limit for number of enrollments per course on the shared catalog by adding the number in Enrollments Allowed field. The receiver of shared catalog cannot use the courses with enrollment limit in learning plans.
You can set the validity of the shared catalog by setting up an expiry date in Expiry field. After the expiry date of shared catalog, enrollments are not allowed for courses. Existing learners can still have access to the content. Learning objects are retired but the badges and skills are active. At this state, the shared catalog receiver cannot un-retire the retired learning objects.
Click Save after adding all the required information. Click Actions drop-down at the upper-right corner of the page and click Share to share the catalog with external accounts.
The catalogs owned by the sharing account holder are only allowed to be shared with external accounts. You cannot share the catalogs that are already shared by other accounts to you.
The Administrator of the external shared account receives a notification in the application and email. The receiver has to click the unique URL provided in the email or click the notification message and accept the shared catalog request. In the application, the receiver can choose to click Accept or Reject. Before accepting the shared catalog, the receiver can view the catalog details such as shared by whom, shared on date, expiry date and so on.
The shared catalog appears in the receiver account. The learning objects associated with the shared catalog appears in the respective Administrator and author roles of the application. You can differentiate the shared catalogs received by you by locating the <-- arrow icon displayed for the catalogs acquired by you.
The learning objects with open/active state for enrollment are only added to shared catalogs. Catalogs with Classroom and virtual classroom courses are not allowed for sharing with external accounts.
Unsharing a catalog is to disable an external account in the application. To unshare a catalog, click Actions at the upper-right corner of the page and click Unshare. You can Unshare a catalog anytime. When a catalog is unshared, all the learning objects in that shared catalog moves into retired state. The disabled catalogs appear as retired in receiver's application.
You can remove an external account from a shared list only before the receiver accepts the request.
To delete a shared catalog, click Actions drop-down and click Delete.
- You cannot share a default catalog with external accounts.
- You cannot delete a catalog that has been shared externally by you.
- You cannot delete a catalog which was shared to you from other accounts.
Learning objects from shared catalog appear in Author and Admin application but modules are not listed. They are hidden.
- Shared Learning objects can be used for all workflows in receiver's account. For example, adding shared course to Learning programs, certifications, catalogs, but those Learning programs, certifications & catalogs cannot be shared again (as they already have a shared Learning object from another account).
- All the job aids that are associated with course/learning program/certification but not part of the catalog are copied in receiver's account.
- Shared catalog receivers are not allowed to add Learning objects to the shared catalog.
Shared catalog receiver cannot modify modules of shared Learning objects.
- Shared catalog receiver cannot add courses to shared Learning program/certification.
Duplication or re-sharing of shared learning objects is not allowed.
Newly added assets to shared catalog are visible to receivers automatically.
- Skills associated with the Learning objects are copied to shared catalog receiver accounts.
- If the shared catalog receiver account had same skill name already, then new skill will be created adding * after the name.
- Data (for example, Badges, L1, L3, notifications) in the default instances of Courses and learning programs also is copied to receiver's account along with courses and learning programs.
Recurring certifications cannot be part of an externally shared catalog. Receiver cannot use acquired learning objects in recurring certifications if they have enrollment limit or expiry date set on the catalog.
Administrators across the accounts in an organization can share the catalogs to multiple accounts. The receivers of the shared catalogs can acquire the learning objects associated with the shared catalogs. In addition to this feature, from November 2016 release of Captivate Prime, the receivers can acquire the properties of learning objects shared through the Catalogs.
After sharing the Catalogs, if an Administrator of an account makes any changes to the learning objects the same changes will be propagated to all the learning objects acquired by the receiver of shared catalogs.
The learning objects that are supported as part of this propagation feature are as follows:
- Learning Programs
- Job Aids
- Default instances of Courses and Learning Programs
If the receivers of shared catalogs modify any of the received learning object fields in Captivate Prime application, then further propagation of updates to those fields do not take place for such learning objects. For example, if the receiver edits the course fields such as Course Name or Short Description, then propagation does not occur when owner changes these fields. In other words, such edited learning object fields become local to receiver's Captivate Prime account.