Captivate Prime application sends email notifications to multiple roles of users based on events.
As an administrator, you can customize email templates by adding or modifying content and sending notifications to users for various events triggered by learners, managers and author activities. Administrators can also choose not to send email notifications for certain events.
Read on to know how to configure and send email notifications.
- Click Email templates on the left pane. Email templates page appears with the following tabs: General, Learning & Activity, Reminders & Updates, and Settings.
- Click any of the three tabs of your choice to view the list of events.
- Click the event name to view the template in the preview mode.
- You can customize each template by clicking the text in the body of the template. You can insert variables in the text by clicking the appropriate icons as shown in the snapshot. Hover your mouse over each icon to view the names.
You can reset message to the default content by clicking Revert to Original link above the template.
As you see at the top of the template you can customize the template for multiple roles (Manager, Learner, and so on) depending upon the type of e-mail notification.
- Click Save at the bottom of the templates page.
- From the Email Templates page, click the Yes/No circular toggle button to send or disable the notification.
If the circle in the notification button against each event name is next to Yes (with blue shade as background), then the notification is enabled. If it is in the gray shade and the circle is next to No, then the notification is disabled.
Customize your email banner from the Email Banner option. Change the color of the banner by selecting Banner Background. You can use a custom image as banner by selecting the Custom Image option. Click Save after making the changes.
The custom image size has to be 1240x200px and support .jpg, .jpeg and .png.
To customize the email domain and email id from which your learners receive notifications, contact the Captivate Prime helpdesk and provide the details of the domain you would like to add, and your new email id. Your request would be processed and an email with confirmation link would be sent to you on the new email address which you specify. Click on the verification link provided in the email to confirm and complete the verification process.
As an Administrator, you can select who will receive emails from Captivate Prime and who will not. This can be done using the Do Not Disturb option under the Settings tab. Users can be added to this list using their name, email id, or unique user id.
Use the Blocked Emails drop down option for each user to select the types of email to block
- Direct email to learner option restricts emails sent to the learner.
- Escalation emails to Learner's Manager restrict emails sent to the Learner's Manager.
- About direct reports restricts the incoming escalation emails sent to the users about their direct reports.
- About 2nd level reports restrict the incoming escalation emails sent to the users about their second level reports.
If a user needs to be deleted from the list, the admin can use the delete option available individually for each user in the user tab.
You can add users to DND list using CSvs. Include True/False/Blank values for each of the following
- Block direct emails
- Block user escalations
- Block incoming direct escalations
- Block incoming skip escalations
Enter true in the value field to block users from receiving emails for that selected option. If false is entered as the value, blocked users are unblocked. No changes to previous selections are done if the column is left blank.