The email dashboard is made up of different blocks that allow you to define and control your message's parameters:
- Audience: Define the main target of your email and the test profiles that will receive the proofs.
- Content: Load and personalize your HTML content, then preview your email.
- Schedule: Select the date to send your email.
- Reports: Consult the statistics and indicators linked to your email.
You can follow the steps for configuring the audience, content, and schedule in the order that you like.
The query editor appears in different parts of the application. It allows you to do various things, such as create audiences or define the target of a message. A query is made up of rules that you can create and combine using the filters from the palette.
- Drag and drop a filter from the palette into the workspace. Predefined filters are available to facilitate creating rules according to the targeting dimension of the audience. You can also search the targeting dimension fields and create rules from them to refine your query. For more on targeting dimensions, refer to this section.
- From the icon to the right of the bar, define the conditions of the rule using available logical operators.
To combine multiple rules, drag them over one another to create different groups and/or group levels. You can then select a logical operator (AND, OR, EXCEPT) to combine elements on the same level.
Adobe Campaign integrates the Email Designer that allows you to easily create and modify content in HTML format. This content editor allows you to insert and format different elements of the message and link database fields with elements in an HTML page.
The content editor is organized into different sections:
- The Email Designer home page gives you access to the email properties, to HTML content templates, and to the Email Designer documentation and tutorials. From there you can also choose to start a new content from scratch, upload a file from your computer or retrieve existing content form a URL.
- The main Toolbar on top of the screen regroups general options and settings. You can change the display mode, switch to mobile view, access the Email Designer home page, or preview the email.
- The Palette, on the left of the screen, allows you to drag and drop structural elements, content components and fragments into the main workspace.
- The Settings pane, on the right of the screen, allows you to modify the parameters of the component or element selected. It regroups the main styling and display options: background color, border, text alignment, margin, padding, etc.
- The Workspace enables you to interact directly with the content, using the contextual toolbar: insert a link into an image, change the font, delete a field, insert personalization fields, etc.
You can easily modify the subject and sender address. You can do this through the Properties tab of the Email Designer home page, accessible through the home icon or by clicking the email name.
To start shaping your email from scratch, drag and drop the structure components that you need. For more on this, see this section.
Once the structure is defined, you are able to add content fragments and components to your email. For more on this, refer to this section.
The Email Designer allows you to edit the content and adjust the rendering of your email. For example, you can insert backgrounds, change sizes, modify horizontal or vertical alignment, manage colors, add padding or margin, and so on. For more on this, refer to this section.
You can insert a link into any element of the page: image, word, group of words, etc. To do this, select the element, then use the corresponding button from the contextual toolbar.
You can add a personalization field or a content block, a link to an external URL or a landing page, or even a subscription or unsubscription link. You can also personalize the subject and the sender address.
For more on previewing emails, see this section.
This screen allows you to define the date that your email is sent. There are two modes:
- Messages to be sent once confirmed: the messages will be sent once the send is confirmed.
- Messages to be sent automatically on the date specified below: the email will be sent on a specific date.
Depending on the parameters defined in the template, you may be asked for a final confirmation before the message is sent definitively.
To test your email, you can send proofs to test profiles or use the email rendering functionality.
Make sure to define the test profiles in the Audience block in the email dashboard before testing your email.
Use the Test button and select the type of validation that you want to use.
The list of proofs appears on the left-hand side of the screen. Select a proof to access its dashboard.
The Deployment block displays the send progress and the result. You can pause the send, restart it, or stop it using the corresponding buttons in the action bar. To consult the delivery log, click the button at the bottom right of the block.
To access the reports, use the corresponding button, available in the email or campaign dashboard. The data showed by a report depends on the display context.
The Delivery summary report displays the main information linked to the email, for example: the number of sent messages, the number of errors, the exclusion causes, etc.
The Delivery throughput report regroups the data relating to the delivery speed for a given period. You can choose the scope you want to display: 1 hour, 3 hours, 24 hours, etc.
The other available reports are presented in the List of reports section.