Mini Bridge is an extension that lets you work with assets in a panel in Adobe® Photoshop®, Adobe InDesign®, and Adobe InCopy®. It is a useful way to access many Adobe Bridge features when you work those applications. Mini Bridge communicates with Adobe Bridge to create thumbnails, keep files synchronized, and perform other tasks.
Open Mini Bridge
- (Photoshop) Choose File > Browse In Mini Bridge.
- (Photoshop) Choose Window > Extensions > Mini Bridge.
- (InDesign, InCopy) Choose Window > Mini Bridge.
Browse files in Mini Bridge
- Navigate to files by clicking the Favorites pop-up menu on the left side of the panel. You can also view a folder by clicking the folder name or arrow in the path bar.
- Use the Search button to find files based on criteria you specify.
To display rejected files, click the View button and choose Show Rejected Files.
Drag the edge of the Mini Bridge panel and resize it to make thumbnails bigger or smaller.
Open or place files using Mini Bridge
- Drag it into the host application or onto the host application icon.
- Double-click it to open it in its preferred application.
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) the file and choose Place or Open With, and then choose an application.
- (InDesign) Drag a snippet from the Mini Bridge panel into a document. Position the loaded cursor where you want the upper-left corner of the snippet to be. Snippet files have the file extension .IDMS or .INDS.
- To run an automated task, select one or more thumbnails, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) and choose [Host Application] > [Automated Task]. For information about a particular command, see or search Photoshop Help or InDesign Help, as necessary.
- To open a file in Adobe Bridge, select it and click the Adobe Bridge button at the top of the Mini Bridge panel. Or, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) a thumbnail and choose Reveal In Bridge.
Preview files in Mini Bridge
View menu button
lets you preview images in the Mini Bridge panel. Click it and choose any of the following:
- Choose Slideshow to open a slideshow of the selected images in Adobe Bridge.
- Choose Review Mode to open the selected images in Review Mode in Adobe Bridge.
- Choose Full Screen Preview to open a full-screen preview in Adobe Bridge.
Rename files in Mini Bridge
- Click a filename in the Mini Bridge panel and type to rename it. Or, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) a thumbnail and choose Rename.
Favorites and collections in Mini Bridge
- To add an item to Favorites or to a collection, drag its thumbnail to the folder or collection in the navigation area of the panel.