Adobe will stop hosting existing sites on Business Catalyst on March 26, 2021. Adobe encourages customers to download their data and migrate to other systems well before March 26, 2021. For detailed how-to information and assistance, see the Business Catalyst FAQ.
Use drop shipping to notify a third-party wholesaler or manufacturer of purchases on your online shop. The third-party supplier can then dispatch the goods directly to your customers. For more details, see Drop shipping on Wikipedia.
The workflow for setting up drop shipping on Business Catalyst consists of the following:
To notify a third-party supplier of purchases, add the supplier as a customer record in Business Catalyst. For more details, see Manage customer records.
- Select CRM > Customers.
- Click Add Contact.
- Specify the supplier details and click Save & Finish.
Ensure the email address entered is the supplier's primary contact email address.
- Open the product settings by selecting E-Commerce > Products and clicking the product from the list.
To add a new product, see Add a product.
- Expand the More Options section, and then select the Enable Drop Shipping box.
- Click the Supplier field, and search for a supplier customer record.
- Select the supplier from the list, and then click Save.
You can customize the email sent to the supplier by selecting Site Manager > System E-Mails, and selecting Drop Shipping.
For more details, see Customize system pages and emails.