Take a photo from Lightroom to Photoshop to add text.
What you'll need
Follow this cross-application workflow:
- Start in Lightroom to take advantage of its intuitive photo management, photo editing, and collaboration features.
- Lightroom doesn’t include text tools, so pass a photo from Lightroom to Photoshop when you want to add text to a photo to make a postcard, flyer, banner, or other text-based design.
- Use Lightroom’s Edit in Photoshop command to hand the photo off from Lightroom to Photoshop.
- In Photoshop, use the Type tool to add and edit Type layers.
- Click File > Save and File > Close.
- Quit Photoshop.
- Back in Lightroom you now have two versions of the image in a Stack: the original with any edits you applied in Lightroom, and a TIF with the changes you made in Lightroom plus the text you added in Photoshop.