What you'll need
Copying and pasting effects between clips is a quick way to apply visual effects to multiple clips without creating a preset.
Copy individual effects
- Select an effect heading in the Effect Controls panel and choose Edit > Copy, or right-click on the effect heading and choose Copy.
Paste a copied effect onto one or more clips
- Select one or more clips in a sequence and choose Edit > Paste, or right-click and choose Paste.
Copy effects from one clip to another clip
- To copy all effects applied to a clip, copy the whole clip. Select the clip and choose Edit > Copy, or right-click on the clip and choose Copy.
Selectively paste effects
- Select one or more clips in a sequence and choose Edit > Paste Attributes, or right-click on a selected clip and choose Paste Attributes.
- Choose options in the Paste Attributes dialog box to selectively paste effects that were applied to the original copied clip.
Tip: Always check clips from beginning to end after applying effects to be sure you get the result you want throughout the clip.
Original Media: “The Ancestor Simulation,” directed by Maxim Jago
Presenter: Maxim Jago