The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the European Union’s (EU) new privacy law that harmonizes and modernizes data protection requirements, effective as of May 25, 2018. GDPR applies to Adobe Campaign customers who hold data for Data Subjects residing in the EU. As compliance will be a shared responsibility with your enterprise, we look forward to partnering with you to address any new obligations for data governance and privacy by design features.
The GDPR package, which contains additional functionality to help you become GDPR compliant, is available, out-of-the-box, in Campaign Classic 18.4 (for both 32 bits and 64 bits versions). Customers using Campaign Classic 18.4 can import the package using the standard package import wizard in the client console.
To learn how to use Campaign Classic's Privacy features, refer to the detailed documentation.
For customers using older versions, the package can be deployed as explained below.
This technote applies only from build 8600 to builds prior to Adobe Campaign 18.4.
For builds prior to 8600, customers can install the package but it will not be supported by Adobe. An upgrade to recent builds is required if any issue is found when using the feature.
These entities are found in <Adobe Campaign installation folder>/datakit/nms/<language> folders
|<Campaign installation folder>/datakit/nms/eng||English||
When installing the package on Windows, please verify the JS and JSSP folders existence in the /eng sub-folder. If they are not available in this folder, they should be available in the /fra sub-folder.
|<Campaign installation folder>/datakit/nms/fra||French||
|<Campaign installation folder>/datakit/nms/deu||German||
|<Campaign installation folder>/datakit/nms/jpn||Japanese||
For hosted instances (Marketing, Mid and/or Message Center execution), please contact Adobe for deployment request.
The GDPR package is available in the Extranet Download Portal.
If you cannot find the GDPR package from the Download Center, please contact Adobe Campaign support (email@example.com) to get access to it.
Please verify that the package is installed on all the containers in case Campaign server is running on multi containers architecture.
The GDPR package for Linux contains:
- a shell script: gdpr.sh
- a zipped package: gdpr.tgz
To install the package:
- In case of multiple containers, the script MUST be executed sequentially.
- The script is run on ansible mode and not interactively.
- Root user MUST be used to execute the script.
- <Instance_name> parameter is required, otherwise the script will throw an error.
- The package is installed with the corresponding language found in the instance configuration file.
The installation on Windows is manual. There is no script/executable file supporting.
The GDPR package introduces a new named right : PRIVACY DATA ADMIN (privacyRight) to manage collecting and deleting data.
All Data Controller operators who have access to the client console need to have this right to manage privacy requests.
If the Campaign instance is being deployed with Mid and/or Message Center execution instances, the operators used in the external accounts to access remote instances are also required to have this right.
- The package must be installed on Mid and Execution instances to delete data on remote instances (mirror page, event, broadlog, etc.)
- By default, privacyRight is added to 'mid' and 'mc' out-of-the-box operators. For other operators created by customers on Mid and Execution instances, the right needs to be added manually.
- Hybrid customers should check with Customer Care in case they do not have access to remote instances.
If you migrate to 18.4 or above, you should not experience any issue since the new build already integrates the GDPR package.
When migrating to a build prior to 18.4:
- clients still using V6: please verify that GDPR package files are not removed during upgrade process. If so, just re-apply the instructions given in Installing and deploying the package to install/deploy the package again.
- clients switching from V6 to V7: the package needs to be re-deployed because Campaign installation folder will be changed.