Never deploy before a weekend.
Do not upgrade just before a weekend, without doing any testing beforehand, or before a vacation period.
Inform the users of deployment.
- Inform the users of the application before and after deployment.
- Avoid deleting data from production when possible.
- Disable operators; don't delete them.
- Use a datapackage when deploying in Production instead of copy-pasting the parameters.
- Avoid using the same datapackage every time you deploy changes. Create a specification with just the changes you need.
- Back up the parameters on production before importing important parameters from development
Plan to deploy on low activity periods.
Deploying changes to the data structure generates a database update. These updates can cause locks on the tables and cause issues on the operations.
Check build and version numbers between two enviroments.