Creative adjustments can add visual interest to footage.
Access the Creative Adjustments controls
- The Adjustments controls are in the Creative section of the Lumetri Color panel.
Add a simple film effect
- Use the Fade Film control to reduce contrast in the shadows and highlights while maintaining the midtones.
- Sharpen footage to add clarity to detailed areas of an image like architecture and complex patterns.
Add natural-looking color saturation
- Adjust the Saturation to increase or decrease overall color saturation, or adjust the Vibrance to increase or decrease color saturation while protecting skin tones.
Adjust shadows and highlights separately
- Use the Shadow Tint and Highlight Tint color wheels to adjust colors in the darker or lighter areas of a shot.
- Use the Tint Balance control to set the areas of the image each color wheel will adjust.
Tip: Use the Lumetri Color Basic Correction controls to achieve the right contrast range and natural-looking colors. Then use the Creative Adjustments controls to bring the footage to life.
Original Media: “The Ancestor Simulation,” directed by Maxim Jago
Presenter: Maxim Jago