A hot fix has been created to address several issues with using COM objects in ColdFusion MX 6.1.
The hot fix resolves the following issues with COM objects:
- 53224 - Child COM objects should not be released when the parent is released
- 53243 - Empty string variables should not be passed as Nulls
- 53283 - Optional arguments should be recognized correctly
- 53114 - VT_INT arguments should be converted to VT_I4 integers
- If a null argument is passed to a COM object, it should be initialized VT_EMPTY
- 53633 - COM objects which have TypeInfo but do not make it available work with CF5 but not with CFMX *
* Issue 53633 added 12/1/03. Hot fix download updated to include the fix for this issue.