Windows Narrator reads screen content for those with impared sight. To disable it, follow these directions:
- Select the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Ease of Access.
- In the Ease of Access Center, select Explore all settings.
- Deselect the option to Turn on Narrator in the "Use the computer without display" section.
- Restart the Adobe application. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Q to close the program if the behavior prevents accessing the menu command.
For more information about Windows Narrator, see Hear text read aloud with Narrator.
- Choose Edit > Preferences > General.
- Deselect the Show "Start" Workspace When No Documents Are Open option.
- Restart the application.