Adobe Document Cloud web app and services are the SaaS PDF solution for working anywhere with your most important documents. In the latest release, Document Cloud web is reimagined with a simple and consistent user experience across web, mobile, and desktop, enabling you to easily convert documents and image files to PDF, combine multiple documents into one PDF, export PDFs to editable Word, Excel, or PowerPoint formats, store, share and send documents for review, collect signatures from others, and fill and sign forms fast with smart autofill.
The new unified Share experience empowers you to easily collaborate on documents across web, mobile, and desktop. Share a link to a PDF to view or comment on a PDF. PDFs shared as links open in any browser, on any device. Document Cloud makes it as easy as email but with a lot more control and full tracking. Recipients get an email with a link and click through to view and comment on documents in a browser; no sign-in required, no software to install.
The new experience enables you to share documents using any of the following methods:
- Send personalized invitations using the Document Cloud Share option
- Send an anonymous or public link in an email
For more information, see Share and track PDFs.
With the new Home view, you now have a single place to track and manage all your documents shared for viewing, reviewing, and signatures across web, mobile, and desktop.
It includes new actionable tools to help you stay on top of your documents:
Unified Recent Files list
Displays the files shared with you or shared by you for viewing, reviewing, or signatures in addition to the files opened for viewing from your computer and Document Cloud storage.
To Do cards
Shows the document received for viewing, review, or signatures that are pending your action.
Lets you search all your Document Cloud files and the files sent or received for viewing, reviewing, or signing.
The place to see all the incoming and outgoing requests for documents shared for viewing, reviewing, and signing.
Helps you take actions on files across all Home view with context-sensitive menus, and check the status of participants and history of activities for shared documents.
Helps track and manage your shared files. All your shared files are grouped based on workstream for ease of access. The files shared for viewing are listed in the For Viewing tab, the files shared for review are listed in the For Review tab, and the files sent or received for signature are listed in the For Signature tab.
For more information, see Manage and work with your files.
The new Adobe Document Cloud review service empowers you to easily share PDF files for review from the Document Cloud web, the Acrobat Reader mobile app, or the Acrobat DC desktop application. It simplifies the gathering and management of feedback in one place instead of multiple email attachments, and helps you stay informed of progress. It also keeps reviewers productive with an easy-to-use commenting solution that helps them find relevant information quickly and doesn’t require them to sign in or install any additional software.
Intuitive features like @mentions, deadlines, reminders, and ‘I am done’ to inform initiators that you are done or still reviewing make the review process transparent, keep the review moving, and lead to faster review completions.
Initiator and reviewers are notified of the change in the status of reviews or when tagged for any action in addition to a daily summary. They are also notified when anyone adds a comment.
For more information, see Starting a PDF review.
The new search box at the top-center of the application header searches across all the files in your Document Cloud account as well as those sent and received for viewing, review, or signing. Also, you can access the Action board from within the search results without opening the file in a new document window.
The Fill & Sign tool is now powered by Adobe Sensei. The tool comes with the following new capabilities:
- Fill forms faster with new Sensei-powered form field detection and alignment for text, checkmark, cross, radio button, and comb field. Auto-alignment makes sure that font size is according to the field size and it is well aligned with the field box or line.
- Send a link of the non-editable copy of the filled and signed form. The copy is certified with Adobe Sign. Recipients won’t be able to modify the copy easily; any modification makes the certification invalid.
For more information, see Fill and sign forms.
While it may appear that the Adobe Sign or Send for Signature functionality that you are familiar with is no longer available, we want to reassure you that those capabilities are still available, but the location of tools such as track and manage agreements has changed.
To help orient you with the new user experience, we’ve created a guide to help you transition to the all-new Document Cloud environment. See, New Send for Signature experience in Adobe Document Cloud.
- Safari 10 is not supported.
- Files thumbnail view is not supported.
- Disabling Send & Track delivery receipts email is not supported.
- Custom Branding when sharing files using Send &Track is not supported.
- Limited support for tablets and phones. The recommendation is to use the Acrobat mobile app on those platforms.
- A progressive rollout of Document Cloud (DC) Web is planned over the next weeks. When PDF pack users are moved to the new DC web, they will not be able to log in to Adobe Sign, instead, they will have the Adobe Sign capabilities in DC Web.
- Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Standard users cannot log in to Adobe Sign, instead, they now have the Adobe Sign capabilities in DC Web.
- Send for Signature users always go through the Sign authoring experience.
- Users who share documents for viewing and for review can't copy the URL of the shared document and send it to others, instead use "Add Recipients" to send the link to more recipients.
- Active Sign agreements before May 2018 will be accessible starting the week of October 8.