Correspondence Management allows you to rebrand its solution template for better brand value and to adhere to your organization's branding standards. Rebranding the user interface includes changing the organization logo, which is displayed at the upper-left corner of Create Correspondence UI.
You can change the logo in the Create Correspondence UI with your organization's logo.
Create the folder structure, as explained below, for hosting the custom logo image and the stylesheet. The new folder structure with the root folder /apps is similar to the /libs folder's structure.
For any customization, create a parallel folder structure, as explained below, in the /apps branch.
The /apps branch (folder structure):
- Ensures that your files are safe in case of an update to the system. In case of upgrade, feature pack, or a hot fix, the /libs branch gets updated and if you host your changes in the /libs branch, they are overwritten.
- Helps you not to disturb the present system/branch, which you possibly can unsettle by mistake if you use the default locations for storing the custom files.
- Helps your resources get higher priority when AEM searches for resources. AEM is configured to search the /apps branch first and then the /libs branch to find a resource. This mechanism means that the system uses your overlay (and the customizations defined there).
In the apps folder, create a folder named css with path/structure similar to the css folder (located in ccrui folder).
Steps for creating the css folder:
Ensure that the Overlay Node dialog has the following values:
Overlay Location: /apps/
Match Node Types: Checked
Do not make changes in the /libs branch. Any changes you do make may be lost, because this branch is liable to changes whenever you:
- Upgrade on your instance
- Apply a hot fix
- Install a feature pack
In the apps folder, create a folder named imgs with path/structure similar to the imgs folder (located in ccrui folder).
Upload your custom logo file to CRX. Standard HTML rules govern the rendering of the logo. The image file formats supported are according to the browser you are using to access AEM Forms. All the browsers support JPEG, GIF, and PNG. For more information, see the browser-specific documentation on the supported image formats.
- The default dimensions of the logo image are 48 px * 48 px. Ensure that your image is similar to this size or bigger than 48 px * 48 px.
- If the height of your logo image is more than 50 px, Create Correspondence user interface scales down the image to a maximum height of 50 px as this is the height of the header. While scaling the image down, Create Correspondence user interface maintains the aspect ratio of your image.
- The Create Correspondence User Interface does not scale up your image if it is small, so ensure you use a logo image at least 48 px in height and sufficient width for clarity.
In the Edit jcr:data dialog, click Browse and select the image file you want to use as a logo (here CustomLogo.png).
The image file formats supported are according to the browser you are using to access AEM Forms. All the browsers support JPEG, GIF, and PNG. For more information, see the browser-specific documentation on the supported image formats.
The custom logo image requires an additional style sheet to be loaded in the content context.
Use the following steps to set up the style sheet for rendering the logo:
Clear the browser cache and then open the Create Correspondence UI instance in your browser. You should see your custom logo.