Before starting the upgrade process, you must back up all the files and directories associated with the previous deployment of LiveCycle.
If the previous instance of LiveCycle and the new installation are not on the same computer, you must manually import the existing MySQL data into the new MySQL instance. Along with this, you must manually copy the GDS directory, Content Storage Root directory, installed fonts, and watched folders to the new system. Perform these manual steps before you run the Configuration Manager.
To export the adobe database, use the mysqldump program in the MySQL folder that is installed along with LiveCycle turnkey installation. For example:
C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\mysql\bin>mysqldump -q -e --single-transaction -ppassword -u adobe -r "C:\mysqlbackup\adobe.sql" -B adobe --port=3306 --host=localhost
Note: Directory mysqlbackup should pre-exist before running this command on the LiveCycle system.
To import the adobe database, copy the adobe.sql created above to the new system. Then use the mysql program in the MySQL folder that is installed along with the new LiveCycle turnkey installation. For example:
C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES4\mysql\bin>mysql -padobe -u adobe --port=1138 -e "source C:\mysqlbackup\adobe.sql"
Note: Directory mysqlbackup should pre-exist before running this commmand on the LiveCycle system.
- GDS directory: This directory can reside either locally or on a shared network drive. Default location of the GDS directory is [JBoss root]/server/<profile_name>/svcnative/DocumentStorage.
- Database: Use the database backup utility to backup your data.
- LiveCycle EAR files: The EAR files are required to restore your system if you encounter upgrade issues.
- Content Storage Root directory: If you have Adobe LiveCycle Content Services (deprecated) deployed on your current system, back up the content storage root directory. This directory can reside either locally or on a shared network drive. Default location of the Content Storage Root directory is [LiveCycle Root]/lccs_data
- LiveCycle fonts: Back up all Adobe font directories that are specified in Configuration Manager (in Administration Console, go to Settings > Core System > Configurations). Ensure that you back up the entire directory.
- Customer installed fonts: If you installed additional fonts on your LiveCycle environment, back them up separately.
- Watched folders: Backup the watched folders.