AEM Mobile includes product updates approximately every three weeks. Check here for bug fixes and release notes.
iOS 11 readiness for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite and Adobe Experience Manager Mobile
The mobile engineering and quality assurance teams have been testing a variety of DPS Classic and AEM Mobile applications with each of Apple’s public iOS 11 beta drops since the original announcement in early June 2017.
Testing results have been very positive, and it appears that the DPS Classic applications that were updated after January 2015 (a 64-bit release) and AEM Mobile applications that were updated or created after September 2016, behave as expected in iOS 11.
Previously, after the Apple iOS 10.3 change to the Apple file system (APFS), some applications exhibited issues related to content downloading. A hot fix was released during Summer 2017 to fix these issues for the AEM Mobile and DPS Classic application builder tools. If your applications exhibits any of these issues, we recommend that you update as soon as possible.
Some settings in the AEM Mobile APK file were not allowing some devices to see apps in the Google Play app store. This issue has been fixed, and now most devices, including high DPI phones, will see the app in the app store.
- Fixed an issue where you could not see the price on the subscription dialog box for the current collection. (AEMM-4156679)
- Verified that AEM Mobile apps work correctly on the Apple iPhone X.
Fixed an issue where when you loaded the latest updates on your app, and clicked Back, instead of going to the initial launch collection, the app closes. (AEMM-4156684)
- Fixed an issue where after updating the app to version 2017.9.5, some explicit collection downloads were not working properly. (AEMM-4156678)
- Fixed an issue where when the customer tried to download a collection, but after downloading about 80% of the collection, the operation failed. (AEMM-4156622)
- Fixed an issue where when the Allow user to save collection to their device check box is not selected on the Collection Metadata page, the Subscribe link continues to appear even after the user has logged in. (AEMM-4156662)
- Fixed an issue where you could not download some content on iOS 11. (AEMM-4156685)
- Fixed the issue where when setting the search indexing language to Norwegian, the EntityFailedSchemaValidationException error occurs. (AEMM-4156687)
- Fixed the issue where the navto://collection/collectionname link on the banner was not working. (AEMM-4156477)
- Fixed the issue where on a banner that has links to a web page and multiple mailto: links, when users press the links, instead of the email app opening, the Webpage not available error appears. This issue has been fixed. (AEMM-4156590)
Fixed an issue when using the Cordova API for saveEntity periodically failed with code 80. This issue occurred when the app was sent to the background or when the device went into sleep mode for a few hours.
Now, the network connection is checked and re-established when the device becomes active.
Fixed the cache issue in the Dynamic banner. (AEMM-4156445, AEMM-4156417, AEMM-4156389, AEMM-4156370)
In lists such as Collections, Collection's Content, and Content Map, to open a new tab with an entity selected, click on the name of an entity. Press Shift + Click to open the entity's properties page.
Fixed an issue where you could not open and download a protected article even after logging in to the app. (AEMM-4156295)
When you open a PDF attachment in an HTML article and click the Back button the first time, you are taken back to the article that originally started the transaction. However, when you click the Back button a second time, nothing happens. When you click the Back button a third time, you are taken to the article from two entries back in the browser history. This issue has been fixed. (AEMM-4156441)
- You now cannot reorder a collection's content until the previous reorder is complete. (AEMM-4156285 and AEMM-4156492)
- You can now reorder a collection's content quickly, without any dragging and dropping. (AEMM-4156382)
- You can now sort and filter the master account list. (AEMM-4156431)
Fixed an issue where when you add a navto link between two PDF articles, but the hyperlink was not working when the Fit one full page to screen option was selected. (AEMM-4156266)
- Fixed an issue where when navigating through the app, or sending it to background and returning, metered articles could be accessed by users who had not logged in to the app. Metered articles are independent of the project-level PreviewEnabled setting. (4156410 and 4156421)
- Fixed an issue where sometimes when you open a collection, the No Internet Connection. Tap to Refresh error message appears. (4156171 and 4156264 )
- Fixed an issue where when you add a navto link between two PDF articles, but the hyperlink was not working when the Fit one full page to screen option was selected. (AEMM-4156269)
When you edit the contents of a collection that has the same title of another collection, the contents of the second collection were sometimes being added to the first collection's content list. This issue has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where when you share an article, the article's text and image do not appear on the social sharing landing page.
- Fixed an issue where customers were having issues with PDFs on Android viewers. (AEMM-4156347)
- Fixed an issue with sorting master account sorting, and you can now sort alphabetically. (AEMM-4156357)
- Fixed an issue with sorting master account sorting, and you can enter a string to filter the list of master accounts. (AEMM-4156360)
- Fixed an issue where when you try to edit the Collections Content to, for example, reorder the list, the name of the entity was not editable. (AEMM-4156378)
Producer (Entity and Content) Services
Fixed errors that occurred in the following situations:
- When you try to add content, such as collections or articles, to the topLevelContent collection.
- When your entity has the word publication in the name.
This update brings AEM Mobile applications into compliance with recent changes in Apple’s guidelines as it relates to auto-renewing subscription purchases as outlined in Schedule 2, Section 3.8(b).
An informational message will now be presented to users in the portal UI when attempting to publish or unpublish entities in a locked publication. If the publication does not become unlocked after a number of attempts, the following message will be displayed: The publication is currently locked. Please try again later.
- Fixed an issue where custom Android viewers could crash when configuring the viewer for push notifications.
- Fixed an issue where some Android viewers could crash when updating from a previous DPS Classic application.
- Fixed an issue where when downloading a large article, the downloading process times out when it is only 80% complete, and the user is prompted to refresh.
- Fixed an issue where content was not loading on iPhones that are running on version 10.3.
- Fixed a bug where clicking the preflight icon was not providing instant feedback that it is attempting to engage the preflight workflow so the user does not try clicking again.
- Fixed a bug where customized paywalls were becomng opaque, instead of transparent, when selecting dark themes.
- Fixed a bug where when a layout is selected to be copied, the layout is copied to the publication that is initially selected when the copy window opens, instead of the publication that was selected in the Target project dialog box.
- Fixed a bug where the Entitlement service had stopped sending cover dates.
- Fixed a bug where when the device is offline, cards/content or background images are not downloaded after the content has been explicitly downloaded.
- Fixed a bug where a timeout could occur when downloading .article files over 1GB is size.
- Fixed a bug where the application could crash when Sign-out Context API is called from a restricted collection.
- Fixed an issue where navigating from the drawer/app menu may not work after tapping the update pill button.
To see a list of bug fixes for previous releases, see History of bug fix release notes.