Two different DPS viewer types are available for Android devices: the legacy AIR-based viewer and the new native viewer. Some of the features that work in the iPad viewer are not supported in one or both Android viewers.
- HTML content that works in mobile Safari might behave differently in other device browsers. See Creating HTML articles for Android viewers.
- Subscriptions are supported for iOS but not Google Play Store.
- iOS viewers display only folios with either a 4:3 aspect ratio (iPad) or a 3:2/16:9 aspect ratio (iPhone). The folio content is scaled up or down to fit the screen. However, Android viewers display any folio size. Content is scaled and letterboxed as necessary.
- Push notifications is not supported on Android.
- Social sharing through the Web Viewer is not supported on Android.
- Single-folio apps are not supported on Android.
- Sections are not supported on Android.
- Panoramas are not supported on Android.
- Inline videos are supported on native Android viewers but not in legacy Android viewers.
For a comparison chart of supported features for each viewer type, see DPS supported feature list.
For information about making DPS apps for Android devices, see the following: